PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
John Splendid, by Neil Munro. A novel of the Wars of the Three Kingdoms.
s-l300.jpg

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Marina and Lee, by Priscilla Johnson McMillian

Marina and Lee: The Tormented Love and Fatal Obsession Behind Lee Harvey Oswald's Assassination of John F. Kennedy
Marina and Lee: The Tormented Love and Fatal Obsession Behind Lee Harvey Oswald's Assassination of John F. Kennedy: McMillan, Priscilla Johnson, Finder, Joseph: 9781586422165: Amazon.com: Books - https://www.amazon.com/dp/1586422162/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_27EPPZXZW38RKD48QK20

It might be the one best book, about the JFK assassination in this regard,,,

Lee Oswald couldn’t convince his wife to move to Dallas, so instead he shot Kennedy who by chance, drove by where he worked.

The simplest explanation is usually the best one,

A business friend, knowing my obsession with reading, gave me his old collection of Fletch books. I did love the old Chevy Chase movies, but the books aren't really like the character Chevy Chase plays. These are 1970's Noir meets comedy, but not as Chevy Chase as you'd think. I like the books better so far. I've already read the first two last night, and I need to pace myself. I hate finishing books so fast, because then they are over. But, if you run into one of these old Fletch series, I highly recommend them,
fletchbooks.jpg

Attachments

• 1639490344055.png
    1639490344055.png
    937.9 KB · Views: 1

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Oooh, will be searching for that in a few moments!

Edit: well that took less than 30 seconds! $12 and Amazon says it will be here Tuesday - sounds like a good night for a fire!
@HawkeyeLinus
I just found out that there's two different editions of A Maigret Christmas and Other Stories. The book I have has only three Christmas mysteries while the other edition has nine Christmas mysteries. Did you get the three story edition or the nine? I'm now looking for the nine story edition.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
@HawkeyeLinus
I just found out that there's two different editions of A Maigret Christmas and Other Stories. The book I have has only three Christmas mysteries while the other edition has nine Christmas mysteries. Did you get the three story edition or the nine? I'm now looking for the nine story edition.
Just the three. Looks like the 9 story version is published by Harvest with a Christmassy cover but there are used copies available on Amazon, one of which which is now on the way here, lol. Glad you asked about that!

Reactions: scloyd and edger

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Just the three. Looks like the 9 story version is published by Harvest with a Christmassy cover but there are used copies available on Amazon, one of which which is now on the way here, lol. Glad you asked about that!
The book showed up - joyful holiday cover and for a used copy off Amazon I got lucky - better condition than described (i.e., it's looks unread, just aged a little) and not a crease or mark anywhere.

Will be diving in this weekend!

• Love
Reactions: scloyd
Status
Not open for further replies.