PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crwfshkid

Lurker
Apr 1, 2020
Alaska
On Reading Well: Finding the Good Life through Great Books by Karen Swallow Prior. It goes through the virtues and walks through a piece of literature that demonstrates it (or often, the lack of that virtue). I'm really enjoying it so far.

38509184.jpg

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
They are fantastic! Have you read "Tom Brown's School Days" as well?

They are very good indeed. Highly entertaining so far and also a little educational thanks to their well researched historical settings. I'm on "Flash for freedom" now. The third book if you go by publishing order. I will check out "Tom Brown's School Days" as well, can't miss Flashy's origin story ?

Reactions: Lyon0oq

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Currently working through Kenneth Rose's biography of George V. I'm also re-re-re-reading The Long Goodbye. I love Marlowe.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
The Last Light of the Sun by Guy Gavriel Kay. Recommended for anyone who like Norse/viking tales settings but with fantasy elements mixed in, much like Poul Anderson's The Broken Sword.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Read the Ramayana a while back. Just finished the Mahābhārata not too long ago. Both translated into English of course. About to start the Iliad. I had the Oddessy forced on me when I was too young to appreciate it. I figure I might as well read the “prequel.”

Status
Not open for further replies.