PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Finished Seveneves. Much better than the last one I read. With COVID-19 and all the current events, mood fits just right. First half setting up the background was great. Second half could have been better.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
A Pilgrimage to Eternity: From Canterbury to Rome in Search of a Faith, by Timothy Egan. Nonfiction story about the author travelling a pilgrimage along the Via Francigena.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
After a bunch of Kesey I had to change pace with a little popcorn reading, so I’m reading “A Time to Kill” by John Grisham.

Pulse pounding plot pace, zero character development, and pages flying by like fenceposts on the highway. Exactly what I needed. Don’t have to think, just keep reading.

Reactions: Bowie

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Finished Seveneves. Much better than the last one I read. With COVID-19 and all the current events, mood fits just right. First half setting up the background was great. Second half could have been better.
Good to know, might dive into that one next.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Baccaccio’s Decameron. Holy mother of simple parables batman. Had to crack Christopher Moore’s “Lamb” just to counterbalance. All kidding aside, both good reads.

Reactions: Bowie

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Almost finished 'SAS:Rogue Heroes' the authorized wartime history of the world's most renowned special forces unit by Ben Macintyre.

This is an excellent, fast paced read of the earliest exploits of the SAS fighting behind enemy lines in Africa and Europe. Highly recommended.

Regards,

Jay ?

Reactions: Bowie and Gecko

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Almost finished 'SAS:Rogue Heroes' the authorized wartime history of the world's most renowned special forces unit by Ben Macintyre.

This is an excellent, fast paced read of the earliest exploits of the SAS fighting behind enemy lines in Africa and Europe. Highly recommended.

Regards,

Jay ?

Sounds interesting, Thanks for sharing!
I Just added 'Among Friends - Kim Philby and the Great Betrayal' by the same author to my digital bookshelf.

Just going to finish 'Napoleon' by J. Christopher Herold first.

It might be considered cheating doing audio books, but I get a few hours drive at work about about once a week and really like puffing on a pipe or cigar while listening to a good book and make the drive a relaxing bit of me time.

Status
Not open for further replies.