PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I usually read a Non fiction while reading a fiction.

Getting involved with Aleister Crowley in America.
Finishing up Navigators of Dune.

If anyone is interested in Aleister Crowley, you have to check out Aleister Crowley The Biography, The Beast in Berlin, Aleister Crowley in America, and Aleister Crowley in India by Tobias Churton. You may think you know who this man was, but you don’t know half of it. Seriously, Crowley is still outsmarting the gullible and the Fanboys.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Re-reading the Fire & Ice series by George RR Martin. I'm on 4th now (Feast for Crows). Hope to finish #5 if/when #6 ever comes out; not like it hasn't been several years in the waiting now.

Looking for good horror reads, I always found short story anthologies to hold some hidden gems. "Sticks" by Karl Edward Wagner was one of those short stories I found that still creeps me out when walking through the Appalachian woods.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Re-reading the Fire & Ice series by George RR Martin. I'm on 4th now (Feast for Crows). Hope to finish #5 if/when #6 ever comes out; not like it hasn't been several years in the waiting now.

Looking for good horror reads, I always found short story anthologies to hold some hidden gems. "Sticks" by Karl Edward Wagner was one of those short stories I found that still creeps me out when walking through the Appalachian woods.

I recommend more KEW, particularly his "Kane" books. They are usually lumped into the "Sword & Sorcery" category, which is not a bad thing (I could bend your ear over several large pipe bowls on that), but his Kane stories turn up the creepy/Lovecraftian dial a few notches. I'd start with one of the short story collections, like Night Winds and Death Angel's Shadow.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I had a few actual Laugh out Loud moments reading that one.

It's a good one. You actually turned me on to it. I saw it in another thread and took your link. Glad I did, nice to read something written by a Nicofiend like myself. Very relatable. It's also cool to see that people have always thought smoking was too expensive, wives have always complained, and people have always been afraid of running out of their favorite stuff. I just started, and I'm hiding and and reading at work. Lots of interruptions today.. Its like just because I'm the maintenance man, people think they should call me everytime something requires maintenance.

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Still on Neal Stephenson's "Fall". Page 478. If I didn't pay for it, I would stop. He's a very interesting author. His books take some getting used to at the start, but this one is taking some long ass time to warm up.

Reactions: Bowie

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
It’s been a big year of reading for me. I’m doing ‘Murder at the Vicarage’ by Agatha Christie, and a biography of Andrew Jackson. I’ve had too much heavy literature lately, so a nice murder mystery felt like a palate cleanser.

Reactions: dino and Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.