PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Lately I am drinking everything that is called whiskey or whisky, which does not go below 46º. I love the proofs of more than 100. Moreover, I have stopped buying more tobacco, since I have enough for what I smoke at the moment. Although it is true that I am making some more cigars cellar. And so continue to adapt my damn smoker's cave, with more distillates, brandy, cognac etc.. I am still building my cave, I bought this chest or trunk, I need a comfortable sofa and a carpet, which I will buy later. More or less, 38 "x 32" and 14" deep. IMG_5600[6750].jpgIMG_5601[6752].jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
For my 10pm short last night I cracked open a bottle of 12 year old 'American Eagle Tennessee Bourbon'* (43%) which is actually rebadged George Dickel whiskey that is distributed here by a UK company (who are now putting it out as 'James Cree's Cattle Ranch Bourbon' :rolleyes:).

*When I first bought this some years ago it caused a bit of a stir on here as many complained that it having gone through the Lincoln County Process, it wasn't bourbon :eek:.

Whatever it's called, whiskey or bourbon, it's actually quite a tasty drop of liquid gold. I also have their 8 and 4 year old expressions in my stash but this is the tastiest by far.

It comes in an attractive heavy square bottle that is an absolute pig to pour due to its shape :rolleyes:.

1 am eagle.jpg
Here's to good health,

Jay.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Good afternoon guys. My sister-in-law landed back home, one more mini vacation. Afternoon of relaxation and laughter. Damn sponge of the devil. We are running out of brandy bottles.View attachment 208912View attachment 208913
I notice you’ve given your sister in law the ‘smaller glasses’……….& yet she’s still drank all your brandy? Lol
Wow! What a woman!!👍🍺🍺🍺👍
DD6283A6-CC67-4606-AC11-B56D1B5FF435.jpeg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Last night my bottled ale was 1698 by Kent brewers Shepherd Neame. It's a thrice hopped bottle conditioned ale that comes at 6.5% abv and is very tasty indeed.

I'm a huge fan of Shepherd Neame ales and this along with their Bishop's Finger I would say are their best offerings.

1 sn.jpg

Here's to good health to one and all,

Jay.

F

fMf Piper

I've been drinking a lot of Drambuie recently too. My wife loves the stuff. I need to pick up a good bottle of blended scotch to make a Rusty Nail.
I just picked up a bottle of Kirland Signature Blended Scotch at Costco to make rusty nails after viewing this thread one to many times. I haven't had Drambuie, or a rusty nail in several years, but I made one (just scotch, Drambuie, and ice) a couple of nights ago and it was delicous. Much better quality than I expected, but YMMV.

They have two KS blended scotches, both 1.75L bottles. The regular is $20 here in KY, and that is the one I purchased, but they also had a 12-year old blended scotch for $40.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I just picked up a bottle of Kirland Signature Blended Scotch at Costco to make rusty nails after viewing this thread one to many times. I haven't had Drambuie, or a rusty nail in several years, but I made one (just scotch, Drambuie, and ice) a couple of nights ago and it was delicous. Much better quality than I expected, but YMMV.

They have two KS blended scotches, both 1.75L bottles. The regular is $20 here in KY, and that is the one I purchased, but they also had a 12-year old blended scotch for $40.
I love the Kirkland spirits and they are a great value, but they are unfortunately unobtainable here in Oregon with our state run liquor stores; Costco cannot sell distilled spirits here. I'll occasionally get a bottle or two when we have visitors from out of state.

F

fMf Piper

I love the Kirkland spirits and they are a great value, but they are unfortunately unobtainable here in Oregon with our state run liquor stores; Costco cannot sell distilled spirits here. I'll occasionally get a bottle or two when we have visitors from out of state.
I forgot about that. Not sure where on the coast you are, but Vancouver, WA has a nice Costco. Might be worth a trip just to load up. ;) Before Washington allowed private liquor sales, we would drive down to Portland and get liquor because it was so much cheaper without the WA taxes, not to mention have a few good craft beers and a meal to make it worth the trip. Spent a lot of time in OR, usally Bend or Astoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.