Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvistcb

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
just started and bought another pipe within 2wks of my first. im a firefighter,fomer marine and now national guard.

oldguy

Lurker
Jul 4, 2010
Hello, gentlemen. I just found this site today, and added it to my bookmarks with a couple of other pipe forums. Found Russ Oulette's column interesting and informative, and will be around from time to time. I've smoked pipes for 46 years now and tho I don't smoke as often I still enjoy it, perhaps even more. Good to be here! -LK

sastultz

Lurker
Jul 5, 2010
Hello fellow pipe smokers, I'm Scott Stultz joining you from Marietta in Lancaster county, Pennsylvania. I have a nice vintage figural briar, skillfully hand carved in the 1930s in the likeness of William Tell, in France or Switzerland. My grandfather bought it there in 1936. It's a unique and beautiful piece. Thirty years ago when I took it to a pipe dealer to have it cleaned, the shop owner offered me any new pipe in the store as a trade. I declined, as I still felt sentimentally attached to it, but I don't smoke it, and I'd rather pass it along to a collector. I'd like to find an appreciative buyer, or to trade for a more modern high grade pipe that I would use. Any interest or suggestions would be appreciated. I have some nice photos of it.

Thanks!

puffingstuff

Lurker
Jul 6, 2010
Hello all,

I just signed on and I'm enjoying it here so already. I'm on Pipe tobacco reviews as "Puffingstuff"- Earl Perique.

I put my pipes down for a while (2-3) years and have taken them back up, so I've been out of the loop. I have a nice collection of BBB pipes which I believe smoke as good as any high grade. I do have some nice Dunhills and Brindle Ashtons that are great as well. Just wantd to say hello.

-Earl aka Puffingstuff

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to all the new members that have joined our fraternity in the last few days.

I think you will like the members here.

We all look forward to all the questions, opinions, suggestions, and pictures.
Just dive right in.

Jul 7, 2010
I'm Kevin, Ya'll!
Cured my own Kentucky Burley whilst a teen in the farmbelt, had an unusual preoccupation with agricultural chemistry. I have a preference for non-aromatics and a life lived "il moderato".

Service Disabled from the USAF, was the only fella in the unit to bear a pipe and the label of "thinker".
Current blending project involves Virginia Bright and some 'ol Dutch recipes - so far so good!
Glad to be heard!

Jul 7, 2010
Thank you Bob! The sight is characteristic of most pipe smokers. Thoughtful,calm & pleasantly deliberate! In these "pro health" times, it seems reasonableness has taken a backseat to an immoderate rationale to the risk of living. Yours in good health, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.