Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

markey148

Lurker
Oct 28, 2010
Greetings everybody! My name is Mark, I live in the lehigh valley. I have been smoking a pipe for about 3 years now. I joined this forum because a gentleman I met at Tobacco Village in whitehall recommended it. I am happy I did, lots of great information. All the best!

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
Welcome, Mark, from the Panther Valley! I was happy to find Village Tobacco, since there is so little in our area. Good to have you here. Hope to meet you down there one day!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome hillbilly. Glad to have you. Step right in with posts and any questions you may have. You'll find us a friendly bunch of puffers.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Glad to have you Mark!

You too Deyomatic, Castaxe, and all you other new guys as well.

Just dive right in!

We promise not to roast you for your questions, we rarely bite.

Although, there are few guys here that definitely crop dust The Road Less No Longer Traveled.

You know who you are.... Haunted... :)

Nothing but good folks here.

Welcome to the fraternity!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Mark. I know the Lehigh Valley well, since I was born and raised there. Found much warmer climes in Vegas since leaving a number of years ago. Like pstlpkr says, we are an eclectic bunch, but relatively harmless and full of info. Feel free to post and ask questions. We would really like to help out with any info that may be helpful to you.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
As a relatively new member of not only this forum, but the pipe-smoking world in general, I’d like to say hello to everyone here and let you know that I look very much forward to learning everything I can about what I hope will be a new mode of relaxation in my life;…enjoying fine tobaccos and well made pipes.
At the age of 56 I’ve finally decided that with my upcoming retirement I may have to give up most of those $10 to $18 cigars I’ve been smoking and try a new vice, one that hopefully will not only be a little more affordable, but “publicly acceptable” as well. I’ve owned a few inexpensive pipes in my life but never smoked them very often or for very long,….I felt a little embarrassed thinking I looked like little more than someone who wanted to look “cool”. For 10 years now I’ve enjoyed the only two pipes I own a small inexpensive Meerschaum, and a Lorenzo Spitfire with various “Tinder-Box” house blends. I’m now ready to move up in the world,…..today I ordered a Peterson Tankard that was well within this weeks budget, and look forward to breaking it in.
I’m really looking forward to learning as much as I can from the rest of you…my posts for some time will be nearly all in the form of questions as I doubt very much I’ll be offering any useful information or reviews. At least for a while.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Collin!...to the friendliest fraternity on the planet.

We don't worry about trying to look cool....

Pipes are cool.

Just dive right in with your questions. You'll get differing opinions and some facts.

Out of the responses you can mine some jewels that you can take to heart.

Just to get you off on the right foot here are a couple of links that you might enjoy, and find useful. Bob has done a great job with these "how to" videos. There are a ton more very useful links to be found low down on the left side of the Pipesmagazine.com home page.

Once again we're glad to have you!
Packing your pipe #1

Packing your pipe #2

Routine pipe cleaning
Don't forget to accept those friendship requests!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I second pstlpkr's post. You indeed will find no friendlier group of puffers on the planet. Post as many questions as you need to. There are no dumb questions, just the unasked one. There are many online retailers who sell tobacco in small quantities, if you have no B&M close by. Tobacco, you will find, is a personal preference, very much like cigars. You have your favorite cigar(s), it is quite the same here.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Well,...thank you very much gentlemen,..I look forward to being an active member here.

And thanks for all three of the great links pstlpkr!

Status
Not open for further replies.