Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome to the new members since last i was on this string. Hope all are finding their way around and hope to see many posts and pipe pics.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
HiloJohnny is this new member's moniker....I'm a retired fellow who left Michigan and Ohio 18 years ago for the warmer climes of Hawaii. While I started pipesmoking as a college freshman in 1957, I only restarted the pipe seriously about 2 years ago. This forum seems to be loaded with much tobacco and pipe experience and expertise....just what I am looking for. Mahalo for the opportunity and Aloha! John

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Aloha Bra,
Don't smoke the Pakalolo, even if it is No Ka 'Oi.
Just kidding, I probably spelled every thing wrong.

We all look forward to your posts and pics.

They should be great!

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Hey Pstipkr....Your "no ka 'oi" is perfect....(for those who are not fluent in Hawaiian this means "is the best."

gunner777

Lurker
Oct 2, 2010
Missouri
Hello all!
I've been smoking pipes since 1971 so my age is showing:) I'm a retired police officer and also worked part time as a computer science teacher at a local college.

I did work in the pipe business in the 90's doing web design. I decided not to charge money for my work but took pipes as pay--what a deal-LOL! I like old Dunhills, very old Kaywoodies, Castellos and the list goes on. My main tobaccos are english blends and a good Va.

Anyway my wife and I live in Missouri now and enjoy the small town life after living in larger cities during our working years.

I like nothing better than sitting on the back deck with some hot Earl Gray and smoke my pipe enjoying the cool weather this time of year.

Glad to be here!!

Phil

seilerjp

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I started smoking pipes when I was 18, 40+ years ago. My pipe collection consists of 58 hawkbills (19 castello), 9 Castello shape #65 full bents, and other odds and ends; 2 chonowitch, 1 bang, 2 Dunhill, 1 JT Cooke, 1 Shabbi, 2 Rinaldo, etc. My tobacco cellar runs 540 tins and about 20# of Bulks. My favorite tobacco is McClelland #5100, Red Kake. I have written several notes in the NASPC Pipe Collector as well as the Emperor Leopaldo Saga of short stories which can be found on my website: http://mysite.verizon.net/seilerjp.
I am the founder of our little Washington, PA pipe club which has been in operation for over 10 years,
I hope to become a little more active on this website.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Glad to have you seilerjp Sounds like you have quite a collection of pipes and baccy. Jump right in with your posts and pics of those pipes. 5100 is one of my favorite tobaccos.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Sorry seilerjp, you are two pipes and five tins short of being able to join the group. LOL, jk.
That's an impressive collection and I look foward to your posts and pics.
Welcome!

thesandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
Hi Guys,

Just formally introducing myself, after finding my way around your great forum.

I am a retired eccentric Scotsman who is obsessed with Peterson pipes.I know,sad person!!

Dedicated focus, collecting only Peterson pipes(400 approx.).I have mini collections within my main collection,including Patents, pre-Republics, Mark Twain's, Darwin's,Peterson London made pipes,'Star' and 'Red' Standard Systems,Year pipes,Anniversary,Commemorative and modern higher grade pipes.

Curator of the world famous Sandpiper Vintage Peterson Museum and Custodian of the Peterson Pipe Collector Blog. http://thepetersoncollector.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to getting involved in your great community.

Kindest regards from the wilds of Scotland.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.