Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Welcome Jim! Glad to have you here. That's a great looking blog you have on Peterson Pipes that I plan on reading during lunch today. We have other Peterson lovers here and between you all, we may have our own Peterson Pedagogy.

ps27

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
Hi all. A brief introduction after sorting out some avatar difficulties and getting to understand more about the technical side of the site with it's dual mag side/forum side nature. I have been reading the forum a while and it has a really good, helpful comradrie to it so I thought I would go ahead and register. For the most part, I'll lay low and learn, and comment from time to time.
I'm a newbie returning to pipes after many, many years. I've mainly got old drugstore pipes, cobs and an old leather-clad Longchamp that has some sentimental value and is actually my best smoker. Part of what drove me to the pipe forums was trying to figure out how to economically enlarge my accumulation of pipes in a good way. Happily, what I've found here is "smoke what you like, in what you like, and come on in". I was very impressed with that attitude and at being able to hang out without feeling particulary good or bad abut what I do or don't have at this point--and still be able to learn from others more about what's what and where I might want to head with pipes and tobacco.
Thanks for the help so far.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
ps27 Welcome aboard!
I haven't heard about a leather-clad pipe in a while.

How about posting some pictures so we can Oooo and Ahhhh over it.

It would be quite unique.
We're glad to have you!

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Welcome ps27!
Unfortunately for you, we're now instituting a two-Dunhill minimum. ;-) Or was that a two-Grabow minimum? I get confused sometimes.
Come on in, read and learn and get to know your fellow enthusiasts.
Simon

ps27

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
I got excited for a moment there. I thought you would be givng me a minmum of two Dunhills ... Oh well.
Thanks for the welcomes.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Pipelady,

It's great to have you.

We all look forward to your posts, pictures, comments, and questions.

Just dive right in.

Welcome to the fraternity!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
welcome to the new members. There is a lot of knowledge here. Jump right in and enjoy. Hope to see many posts and some pics of those pipes.

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
Greetings.

I'm Drew. I started smoking a pipe several years ago while working in a tobacco shop in college. I found it to be a good way to wind down from the day. I joined up here because it seems like this forum is more laid back than others I've lurked at. I mainly smoke briar pipes. I have a few Karl Eriks, Bjarne, Barling, Savenelli, Armallini and several Petersons in the stable for a start. I sort of fell out of pipe smoking while in the Army and am slowly starting over again.

It's good to meet you all.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Drew!
We're glad to have you.

We all look forward to your pics and posts.
Thank you for your service to our Country, my family, and me.
Edit: Just noticed that there are bunch of new members today.

Outstanding! Just dive right in the water's fine.

It's great to have you all.

Welcome!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome: ltrav3nw00d, uapiper, hilojohnny, gunner777, thesandpiper, ps27, & bhpdrew. (whew! I need to greet more often!)

seilerjp - looking forward to your increased presence.
Welcome all, post pics of your pipe, your stash, most of all, review some blends for us! Reading reviews on tobaccoreviews.com is all fine and good, but I prefer getting my reviews here since it's more of a friendly, accessible atmosphere here.
-Jason

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome wfquinlan. Jump right in with your posts/questions and pics. Glad to have you here.

greggors

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2010
Mississauga ON Canada
Just wanted to say Hi! Joined a few days ago, thought I would post here before randomly posting elsewhere lol.

I'm not much with words so if you have any questions feel free to ask. =D

pipmannen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
Hi everyone!
I joined this forums some week ago, great place and already got a lot of help. I picked up pipe smoking more seriously recently and am now exploring the big world of pipe models and tobaccos.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome greggors and pipmannen. hope to see many posts and pics. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is a wealth of knowledge and info here, I am sure you will find alot of it useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.