Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Pipetrucker,
We have a couple of retired truckers here.

We're glad to have you aboard.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and your posts.

We have a string for photos of the local B&M Pipe Shoppes from around the country.

It would be great if you could posts pictures of those shoppes that we members have never seen.

Welcome to the fraternity!

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Kopernicus, nice story about your advisor. Wish I could smoke in my office like him and pipetrucker. Welcome to you both.
Welcome aboard daveninlax and boboakley.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Thanks for the welcome, gentlemen.
Bishop's Move is a house blend from Uhle's Pipe Shop in Milwaukee, WI. They have a website but ordering is done via telephone as they prefer to provide more personal service. I buy it from them in person whenever I can get into Milwaukee.

twoxseven

Lurker
Sep 14, 2010
Greetings.
My name is Jon, I'm twenty some odd years young in Grand Rapids. Been smoking a pipe for a little over three years and truly enjoy the hobby.
I have 45ish pipes. Some beauts, some crummy baskets, and everything in between.
I like most all tobaccos, my mood most often determines my favorite tobacco at that time.
My knowledge of pipes and tobacco has expanded tenfold over the past three years but still novice in comparison to many; I'm looking forward to expanding on that knowledge here.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
I like today's "Pipe Quote of the Day"....
Certain things are good for nothing until they have been kept for a long while; and some are good for nothing until they have been long kept and used. Of the first, wine is the the illustrious and immortal example. Of those which must be kept and used I will name three-- meerschaum pipes, violins, and poems. The meerschaum is but a poor affair until it has burned a thousand offerings to the cloud-compelling deities...The fire is lighted in its central shrine, and gradually the juices which the broad leaves of the Great Vegetable has sucked up from an acre and curdled into a dram are diffused through its thirsting pores.

by Oliver W. Holmes,

The Autocrat of the Breakfast Table
Excellent....

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Jon,
We're glad to have you in this the friendliest of forums.

I look forward to some pictures of your pipes and your posts.

You young fellows are the future of pipe smoking...

The future looks bright!
Welcome to the fraternity!

skipper

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2010
Hello everyone

I´m glad jo join you at this superb site.

I'm a spanish pipesmoker (59 years old and 45 from my first pipe) living in Almería, in the Med shore.

Over the years I have smoked and collected a large number of pipes. My favorites are the Petersons, and I smoke regularly aromarics, Virginias and EMs.

Still learning, I have found your site a very interesting one. Thanks for your friendliness and knowledge.

Please excuse my poor english.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome, skipper. Your "poor english" is looking good to us. English is probably the toughest language to learn. Jump right in with posting pics of your pipes and other posts.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Skipper,
We're very happy that you have taken the plunge and have joined this wonderful group of fellows and ladies.

Kevin it looks like you may have some rivals for the most enviable coastal view. :)
Skipper, we all look forward to your posts and your pictures of your pipes, stash, and that Mediterranean coast.

Glad to have you aboard.
PS: Your English is far superior to my Castilian Spanish.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
We have several new members since I last extended an extended Welcome!
Welcome to all you newest of members!
I think you will find us "old guys" and "young guys" enthusiastic,friendly, and helpful.

I can't wait to see some pictures of those beautiful pipes from those beloved Missouri Meerschaum Corncobs grown then crafted in the Heart Land to those high end works of art carved from the highest grade Sepiolite block Meerschaum mined deep under ground near Eskisehir Turkey (thanks Fred), or those briars carved by Roberto Ascorti to Zinovi Seniak, or Dr. Graybow and of course and especially those "home carved" apple wood and cherry masterpieces.
Just dive right in; post those comments, ask those questions, accept those friendship requests... and post those pictures.
We're happy to have you all in the Fraternity!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Arko,
Thank you for accepting my friendship request.

We're glad to have you aboard.

Just dive right in and post you questions, comments and pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.