PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Is this of a concern to anyone?

View attachment 135209
Looks like the springbar which holds the bracelet in place is not seated at the arrow point or possibly it's broken. Spring bars are simple enough to replace (if you have the right tool - a simple fork like implement.

But...

Does the bracelet have any damage? It's a bit hard to say from that photo but it looks a bit wonky but that could just be normal with a pressed steel bracelet and loose fitting pieces.

If the bracelet has been pulled hard enough to break the springbar (they are pretty tough little things) I would be concerned if the lug (or just the hole in the lug) into which the springbar fits is damaged. That would require metal working to fix.

If this is one that is up for sale and you are really interested then I suggest asking the seller to remove the bracelet and taking some better pictures of the lugs and the ends of the bracelet.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like an analog watch, not digital. I'm not a smart phone guy, so that's no help with telling time. I wear a watch most of the time, even to sleep, so I can catch a glimpse of it when I get up during the night. Those golden oldies like the Timex, Casio, and Seiko, are right up my avenue. For several years I've been wearing a Wenger, the Swiss Army Knife people. It was about 60 USD, keeps perfect time, and still looks new. I have my paternal grandfather's gold watch his mother gave him on his 21st birthday in 1893, I think it was, just a little dented from use by him and my father. I wouldn't carry that watch, but I'd like a pocket watch, but I think it would be heavy in my already over packed pockets. You really need a watch pocket and chain. And it is hard to get a look at a pocket watch if your hands are full.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I like an analog watch, not digital. I'm not a smart phone guy, so that's no help with telling time. I wear a watch most of the time, even to sleep, so I can catch a glimpse of it when I get up during the night. Those golden oldies like the Timex, Casio, and Seiko, are right up my avenue. For several years I've been wearing a Wenger, the Swiss Army Knife people. It was about 60 USD, keeps perfect time, and still looks new. I have my paternal grandfather's gold watch his mother gave him on his 21st birthday in 1893, I think it was, just a little dented from use by him and my father. I wouldn't carry that watch, but I'd like a pocket watch, but I think it would be heavy in my already over packed pockets. You really need a watch pocket and chain. And it is hard to get a look at a pocket watch if your hands are full.
A smart phone is like a fancy pocket watch if you think about it

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Any idea what these numbers are for on the outer rim of the face?

69fi8k.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
This is a fun thread. There are some really nice watches on our member's wrists.

About 20 years ago, when I was still wearing a watch, I was really interested in old watches. I purchased this book in 2003 and I still have it. I'll flip through it's 1200 pages on occasion, it's interesting.
20220321_075852.jpg
20220321_081704.jpg
20220321_080050.jpg
20220321_080011.jpg
This thread has peaked my interest in watches again.