PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Also, for guys trying to lose a few pounds, just cutting the sugar and cream from your coffee makes quick work of shedding those. And, I mean coffee… not what telescope is eluding to. Sex definable helps lose weight too. puffy
They say having sex is the same as running 2 miles… i wanna know who the hell can run 2 miles in 30 seconds.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I drink my coffee black approximately 99.9% of the time.

That translates to about one out of thousand cups with cream and sugar. When I take it with cream though I enjoy it.

Last October I sacrificed good coffee for bad, so that it is more convenient. I got a Keurig machine finally which is extremely convenient but the coffee is really bad
I have the Keurig Duo with the pot and k-cups. I make a pot each day (usually what is on sale) and the cups are for convenience (but have yet to find anything noteworthy).

To pick up tepid coffee a notch, I keep Stok on hand. It is a creamer cup sized espresso shot that adds some caffeine and raises the bar for taste on the cheap.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I typically start my day by drinking the cold leftover ¼ pot of black darkness* from the day before while I'm making a fresh pot for my wife to fill up her yeti before she goes to work. She adds about 500-600 calories of cream and sugar to hers, to corroborate what Cosmic said.

*Incidentally when he was a toddler my son named his favourite stuffy (teddy bear for Americans) Black Darkness. It's a doberman lol.

Reactions: PipesRock

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Black coffee is the only way I go. Adding anything to it takes away its bracing sensation and the earthiness I love about it. Then again, I love 90% cacao chocolate.
My grandma used to beat me with a wooden spoon for eating her bitter baking chocolate, it's good stuff. Nowadays I like this:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can't drink tea, hot or iced, green or black, though I love it as an afternoon drink, because of kidney stones. I can't drink caffeinated coffee for several health reasons, so I drink de-caffeinated which is a poor substitute, and I add a spot of milk for my stomach. In general, though, I think caffeinated coffee is now thought to have real health benefits for most people. So if you're good with it, have an extra cup for me!

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Black coffee is how I drink mine 99% of the time. Very occasionally, if I have some fresh cream from the farmer next door, I'll add a little to a cup. Or sometimes I'll even froth some for a double shot.
It baffles me to see people add sugar or flavor to a coffee. Dear God, just why?

Reactions: swampgrizzly

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Also, for guys trying to lose a few pounds, just cutting the sugar and cream from your coffee makes quick work of shedding those. And, I mean coffee… not what telescope is eluding to. Sex definable helps lose weight too. puffy
To be clear...this thread was never about sex. But to be equally clear, the thread went off track rather quickly.

This is February. Very often in schools, a certain perspective of history is taught at this time each year. There was a comment made by a member that somewhat made an illusion to a specific type of women in terms of coffee. Wa la, the idea for a thread was born. We have all been in a coffee shop when someone tells the waitress, "I like my coffee ______, just like my women" or something to that effect.

Yeh, I drink my coffee black. Always have. Always will. But what is the fun in talking about that? Oh, well. I tried.

And now.... back to coffee - why not!

Good think I didn't try to talk about Root Beer Sodas.....

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have the Keurig Duo with the pot and k-cups. I make a pot each day (usually what is on sale) and the cups are for convenience (but have yet to find anything noteworthy).

To pick up tepid coffee a notch, I keep Stok on hand. It is a creamer cup sized espresso shot that adds some caffeine and raises the bar for taste on the cheap.
Not all Keurig coffee is bad. Just don't buy some of the name brands like Folger's, Maxwell House, etc.
Try the Death Wish, Gevalia, or Peet's, some of their blends are pretty good.
Something to think about, K-cups contain less coffee than is recommended for making a cup from regular coffee. Most coffee makers say to use two tablespoons per cup of coffee brewed - and that's a 6 oz. cup. I know a lot of people that press the 8 oz. option when using a Keurig so what they are getting is a diluted cup of coffee with about half the caffeine.

If you want a good cup of coffee out of a Keurig, use one of the ground coffee adapters and your favorite fresh ground coffee.

@telescopes
I remembered the thread, where you’d made the remark that led to this thread, which was why I assumed “coffee” to be a euphemism. But, if I am wrong and you merely wanted a show of hands of those who drink coffee plain, then… you’ve really been somewhere that upturned their nose at how you drink your coffee? Ha ha, I just think more people would drink plain coffee than put sugar and cream in it.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
One of @anotherbob 's post in another thread got me thinking about Black Coffee. When I was in college, I really developed a taste and a preference for some steaming hot black coffee. I came to appreciate the beauty, the essence, and to be honest, the simple refreshing honesty of black coffee.

Now I recognize that black coffee isn't everybody's so called cup of tea - and that is their loss. Yes, people would stare at me when I was in a restaurant or having a great night out as I sipped up the essence and joy of the slender silky black coffee before me. But I didn't care. I knew what I had and I thought it was too bad for them to allow their own predisposed views on coffee to keep them from enjoying and celebrating share beauty and uninhibited joy.

My parents, to be honest, were not all that happy with me in my choice of coffee. But being a college kid, I didn't really care. This was my time to try new things and explore the world - right?

Anyway, I got to thinking, are there any other coffee drinkers with a similar preference or disposition when it comes to coffee?
I’m with you on the black coffee!
Only way to enjoy what good coffee has to offer 👍🏼

Reactions: Deano

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
One of @anotherbob 's post in another thread got me thinking about Black Coffee. When I was in college, I really developed a taste and a preference for some steaming hot black coffee. I came to appreciate the beauty, the essence, and to be honest, the simple refreshing honesty of black coffee.

Now I recognize that black coffee isn't everybody's so called cup of tea - and that is their loss. Yes, people would stare at me when I was in a restaurant or having a great night out as I sipped up the essence and joy of the slender silky black coffee before me. But I didn't care. I knew what I had and I thought it was too bad for them to allow their own predisposed views on coffee to keep them from enjoying and celebrating share beauty and uninhibited joy.

My parents, to be honest, were not all that happy with me in my choice of coffee. But being a college kid, I didn't really care. This was my time to try new things and explore the world - right?

Anyway, I got to thinking, are there any other coffee drinkers with a similar preference or disposition when it comes to coffee?
I agree but keep in mind that coffee is a natural diuretic so take on water to keep you from jumping out of the car and doing your thing along side the road. You might get arrested for advertising !

Jan 27, 2020
I use to travel to Brazil a bit when I was younger and the woman who I was seeing there use to put a large piece if lime zest in the black coffee. It's rather wonderful.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore