New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
One of @anotherbob 's post in another thread got me thinking about Black Coffee. When I was in college, I really developed a taste and a preference for some steaming hot black coffee. I came to appreciate the beauty, the essence, and to be honest, the simple refreshing honesty of black coffee.

Now I recognize that black coffee isn't everybody's so called cup of tea - and that is their loss. Yes, people would stare at me when I was in a restaurant or having a great night out as I sipped up the essence and joy of the slender silky black coffee before me. But I didn't care. I knew what I had and I thought it was too bad for them to allow their own predisposed views on coffee to keep them from enjoying and celebrating share beauty and uninhibited joy.

My parents, to be honest, were not all that happy with me in my choice of coffee. But being a college kid, I didn't really care. This was my time to try new things and explore the world - right?

Anyway, I got to thinking, are there any other coffee drinkers with a similar preference or disposition when it comes to coffee?

telescopes

I... I have never heard of anyone casting shade on black coffee. Maybe.... maybe, you hang out at the wrong places. Or... or, is coffee a euphemism for something else? I wouldn't have guessed you to be a cross dresser or anything. puffy
Hmmm. Cross dresser. That is certainly not my cup of tea, but you are welcomed to that one, LOL.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Now... I am not sure what you guys are talking about. Are we talking about coffee, or something else?
honestly I am not sure. But I really wouldn't have gotten this far in life if I let that get in my way. In fact I'd still be a Virgin and that would mean I would have to play Pokemon games and that would suck. So my advice just nod and smile like you imagine your self doing if we met in person.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Black coffee is the way. I will drink it hot, room temperature, iced...just about any way I can get it - espresso, too. My day usually starts with an iced glass of yesterday evening's leftover drip. :)

Then again, I worked in coffeeshops for years ...the horrors I have seen committed against this bean are unforgettable. lol

telescopes

Ooooh, well if we are talking about dancers, then yes, then Ethiopian beans. Wait... did you guys still mean coffee?
Of course we are talking about coffee. Would any good self-respecting pipe smoking man be talking about anything else, LOL. But then, I have never been thought of in those terms, so....