The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
The Bulgarian post and DHL refused to ship my package since it contained tobacco. Thankfully, I had a backup plan. My recipient should receive their package in the next week.

I’m disappointed they won’t get the amazingly wrapped (thanks to my wife) gifts I had prepared but I think they will still enjoy what they receive. I was excited to give them an ashtray done in the traditional Bulgarian pottery style. Anyways, my kids had fun unwrapping everything.
8108D2E7-1380-4083-8A6F-298D82074CC9.jpeg

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
The Bulgarian post and DHL refused to ship my package since it contained tobacco. Thankfully, I had a backup plan. My recipient should receive their package in the next week.

I’m disappointed they won’t get the amazingly wrapped (thanks to my wife) gifts I had prepared but I think they will still enjoy what they receive. I was excited to give them an ashtray done in the traditional Bulgarian pottery style. Anyways, my kids had fun unwrapping everything.
View attachment 185565
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing might/would happen here too. So I cheated and used SP.

I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't send the package selected and wrapped by my own fair hand meat-hooks, Lost some of the personal touch, but needs must.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing might/would happen here too. So I cheated and used SP.

I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't send the package selected and wrapped by my own fair hand meat-hooks, Lost some of the personal touch, but needs must.
Yeah, it’s a bummer but I’m thankful there is still a way to participate despite the setback.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada

View attachment 185565
That's a cool looking ashtray!

Infantry23

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
Well, I'm back from an extended trip to Florida and I found that my lovely wife had picked up my SS package at the post office last week! I was blown away by the gifts bestowed upon me by my Secret Santa! I tried to take a picture and upload it here but it says the file is too big (I'm not good with technology). So, just to let you all know the level of generosity that I received:

-4 aged tins of Ten Russians, Regents Flake, Embarcadero, and Maltese Falcon
-2016 Ol' Limey Bastard
-2018 Black XX Kendal Twist
-G&H Rum Flake

I am really looking forward to trying all of these blends. Maltese Falcon is the only one I've previously had and it is truly one of my favorites.

Santa, thank you so much! Now that I'm finally back in town, my package is shipping out today! Hopefully it arrives quickly!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I feel bad for not having shipped. The order of things I bought for my giftee has not yet arrived. I am getting irked at (Fill in the blank shipping company). It is in the process though. It will be sent out by Monday to get it there in time. I may need to sweeten the box a bit due to the delay.
No reason to feel bad! Ship when you ship. It gets there before Christmas (and you've built in slack for postal snafus) you're good. It's not a race, some like to ship sooner than later for various reasons, which is terrific (I got mine already, lol, but my "intended" will likely not have the package until end of next week) and some like to mull it over a bit. Different strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.