The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Says my package will get delivered by 9 PM tonight!
Who says? Simon says?? (probably only slightly humorous if you’re English & called Simon).

When this Simon posted his wondrous box off, the lady at the post office said it’d be behind the iron curtain within the week. Tracking say’s it’s still in the same post office, a week later! Simon say’s the Royal Mail are a bunch of @#%/£!!!

Despite being somewhat stressed at the delay (caused by postal strikes here in the UK) I still believe the Royal Mail will deliver……I also believe in Father Christmas though.😃

I’m starting to hope that my recipient is a ‘strict catholic’ & awaits opening his presents til the twelfth night (jan 6). We should be alright by then. Lol👍
Unfortunately I stated previously on this thread, that if my box didn’t arrive by Christmas Eve I’d ‘eat my hat’. As all my hats are tweed, this is now of some concern.

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
What happens if your ‘recipient’ hasn’t logged on in almost two weeks, and his SS package was delivered last week??lol
Write a letter, ask them to respond.
Please talk to the commissar.
I feel bad for not having shipped. The order of things I bought for my giftee has not yet arrived. I am getting irked at (Fill in the blank shipping company). It is in the process though. It will be sent out by Monday to get it there in time. I may need to sweeten the box a bit due to the delay.
Somebody has to keep the suspense alive. You’re not the only one that needs some time to get it “just right”.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Who says? Simon says?? (probably only slightly humorous if you’re English & called Simon).

When this Simon posted his wondrous box off, the lady at the post office said it’d be behind the iron curtain within the week. Tracking say’s it’s still in the same post office, a week later! Simon say’s the Royal Mail are a bunch of @#%/£!!!

Despite being somewhat stressed at the delay (caused by postal strikes here in the UK) I still believe the Royal Mail will deliver……I also believe in Father Christmas though.😃

I’m starting to hope that my recipient is a ‘strict catholic’ & awaits opening his presents til the twelfth night (jan 6). We should be alright by then. Lol👍
Unfortunately I stated previously on this thread, that if my box didn’t arrive by Christmas Eve I’d ‘eat my hat’. As all my hats are tweed, this is now of some concern.
just add onion and parsley

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
just add onion and parsley
Reminds me of poor old Johnny Franklin. Little old fat man that got stranded & nearly starved to death, looking for the north west passage.
Ended up having to eat his own boots! Kept him going though. Dr. Marten’s I think they were. Tastier than a ‘tweed hat’ I’ll bet! Lol
CBD9E642-6291-466C-A25D-3B6B09E59F4D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: vosBghos and PipeIT

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022
Reminds me of poor old Johnny Franklin. Little old fat man that got stranded & nearly starved to death, looking for the north west passage.
Ended up having to eat his own boots! Kept him going though. Dr. Marten’s I think they were. Tastier than a ‘tweed hat’ I’ll bet! Lol
View attachment 185619
1670347272348.png

Attachments

• 1670347207344.png
    1670347207344.png
    508.3 KB · Views: 3

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
IMG_2483.jpg

My wife intercepted this from the postman. She wanted to know who this "Secret Santa" was. I told her it was from a voluptuous blond in GA and that we had been communicating through a forum and we were introduced by some strange Canadian man. I also told her it was French as the tape on the box said "Fragaile". She was not impressed! :ROFLMAO: Needless to say, I received my package!

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
View attachment 185646

My wife intercepted this from the postman. She wanted to know who this "Secret Santa" was. I told her it was from a voluptuous blond in GA and that we had been communicating through a forum and we were introduced by some strange Canadian man. I also told her it was French as the tape on the box said "Fragaile". She was not impressed! :ROFLMAO: Needless to say, I received my package!
"A Major award"

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I just checked USPS tracking for my package, it said;

Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room December 3rd. LOL 😆

What the heck, looks like my recipient didn’t give me their home address... hmm 🤔

And, last year, my recipient wasn’t a very active member on the forum, and I got another not so active member again this year.

No offense to anyone, but I personally wanted to gift someone, who is what we call one of the Regulars on this forum, the daily posters, family types.

@mikethompson Maybe next year we can have a list done this way, where we have a choice of who we want to gift from.

hmm 🤔

Last edited:

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022
I just checked USPS tracking for my package, it said;

Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room December 3rd. LOL 😆

What the heck, looks like my recipient didn’t give me their home address... hmm 🤔

And, last year, my recipient wasn’t a very active member on the forum, and I got another not so active member again this year.

No offense to anyone, but I personally wanted to gift someone, who is what we call one of the Regulars on this forum, the daily posters, family types.

@mikethompson Maybe next year we can have a list done this way, where we have a choice of who we want to gift from.

hmm 🤔
Your free to send me some stuff if you want 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.