The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I must disagree with the kind Gent @Brewfan, because if your someone who cooks on Thanksgiving ( just because you think your food is better then everyone else's ) like myself I take pride in the perfect presentation of each dish. It has to look good but taste better and the mellows kill both those birds with an eye candy flavor storm. Melted to a slight browned top with cinnamon and brown sugar sprinkles on to. Delicioso. Just like thisSweet-Potato-Casserole-Recipe-6.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Are the sweet potatoes not sweet enough? I'm genuinely curious as I've never seen it done here

Is it a textural thing? Again, not trying to food shame, just curious.
I tend to agree with you, they’re plenty sweet already, and I kind of prefer them without marshmallows. That said, it is a textural thing and has its own appeal—the toasted crunchy surface of the marshmallow and contrast of the gooey, melted marshmallow underneath works pretty well with sweet potatoes. You might consider trying it to see if it floats your boat.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit

I used to like it, but have eaten it so many times (most holidays) for years...I just can't anymore.
One of the few foods I never intend to eat again is green bean casserole (the other is grapefruit, even with sugar, but squirt is okay).

It doesn't matter if it's homemade, from scratch, with some sort of family secret recipe that even people who don't normally like green bean casserole love. I just don't want it. I'm sure it's good. Please enjoy my portion.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Nothing beats baked sweet potatoes with butter. No need to dress 'em up.

baked-sweet-potato-21.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.