The Tobbacolypse: Would it Affect You at All?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
New Accessories
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
3 Fresh Ping Zhan Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I kinda roll the same way...
TtKooXj.jpg
?
Posting pictures of being the "judge" will only come back to but you when you're in front of the "jury"

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
These posts always make me smile. People panicked. To much money on the table. You can go back
And read post from 10 years ago and they are still the same.

Reactions: cshubhra

B_Rock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 11, 2020
San Jose, CA
I am currently sitting on about 10lbs of tobacco. At my current rate of about 10 bowls/week I figure I have about a 5 year supply - that's if I stop buying tobacco now. I still have a local B&M where I can get bulk blends that I like and I figure that California might have a few more years before internet sales are banned. To be honest, I didn't smoke a pipe for almost 30 years until this past "COVID" year, so if the tobaccolypse hits I will adjust. If it all just goes away, I'll smoke through my cellar, then just sit and admire my pipes. At least there will still be bourbon!

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
These posts always make me smile. People panicked. To much money on the table. You can go back
And read post from 10 years ago and they are still the same.
If I was in NZ or Australia ten years ago I hope I would’ve been smart enough to cellar.

Reactions: jyrreb

mparker762

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2021
Houston, TX
I have lived through many tobaccopolypsia: the sobraniepocolypse, the bengalslicespocolypse, the durbarcpocolypse, the bombaycourtpocolypse. Experience has made me hard, and prepared, and deeply stocked. Not deeply stocked enough mind you; i couldn't survive a perettipocolypse. But I'm working on that... also discovering McConnell's excellent Durbar replacement helps.

M

Mr. Beauregard

I have an impressive stash considering I smoke 1 bowl in a typical day. Tobaccopocolypse would make me irate given its an American freedom to basically do what you want as long as it is moral and legal. I can't stand when people oppress others for the sake of there own desires and will. Thats exactly what criminals do. I don't understand how people don't get that. Stupid is a stupid does I suppose.
Amen!

M

Mr. Beauregard

That attitude and type of thinking works in other countries. In America, the attitude is that when the law no longer serves the people, civil disobedience requires upstanding citizens to defy the law or replace the government. If the government should decide I can not smoke my tobacco in my home then the castle has been occupied and quartered by unwelcomed troops. Keeping in mind Kohlberg's stages of moral development, it seems to me that our Declaration of Independence was predicated on rights not derived from kings, but from something more universal.

So, I hope you will reconsider and light up your pipe in protest and enjoyment.
Double amen!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
That attitude and type of thinking works in other countries. In America, the attitude is that when the law no longer serves the people, civil disobedience requires upstanding citizens to defy the law or replace the government. If the government should decide I can not smoke my tobacco in my home then the castle has been occupied and quartered by unwelcomed troops. Keeping in mind Kohlberg's stages of moral development, it seems to me that our Declaration of Independence was predicated on rights not derived from kings, but from something more universal.

So, I hope you will reconsider and light up your pipe in protest and enjoyment.
Very well said. I too would light up.

Reactions: telescopes

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
If the worst happened, tobacco use outlawed, I would immediately have more disposable income. Nothing wrong with that! No great loss as I chose to smoke and am not married to it.
In America, the attitude is that when the law no longer serves the people, civil disobedience requires upstanding citizens to defy the law or replace the government.
Being disobedient to the law is the antithesis of what most US citizens believe. We have other, legal options, to counter such acts/laws. I'm sincerely glad you were a teacher of English and not Civics. Although I believe the teaching of civics is largely omitted in most US school districts these days. Our revolutions tend to occur at the ballot box, not on the streets.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.