The Tobbacolypse: Would it Affect You at All?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
All your other examples are from 100 years ago.
Not true. If you read, then parse, you will note I cited some who are contemporaries of mine, possibly yours, and, I've still got a couple of years before I reach the century mark. puffy

The older cites are because no era or range of years was specified in his observation. The observation was posed so that it actually covered any politician who served in combat. And, there are many more than I cited or that you or I know of. The observation I cited didn't even restrict it to US politicians. I did make that assumption though.

Reactions: SoddenJack

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
The real danger is a ban on internet sales, at least if you're like me and like variety. Trying new blends is what keeps it interesting. It doesn't even necessarily have to be new but rather just a nice rotation of different blends. Local shops never carry for than a few. Thats why my cellar is wider than it is deep, often my favorite blend is the last one I smoked.

PiperCubAK

Lurker
Jan 19, 2021
Combat experience doesn't magically endow someone with wisdom beyond their years. In fact there are several current examples of combat veterans in congress and outside of government who are fiercely anti-freedom and are part of the quagmire of politics. Dan Crenshaw comes to mind as someone who has seen combat but would still vote party line regardless of how it affects the 1st or 2nd amendment.

Unsurprisingly most individuals that come from the military into politics were in the command structure which is at this point notoriously politics ridden so that doesn't speak well to their previous experience in the military. Grunts usually know which way the wind is blowing but when it comes to the officer corps they are usually beholden to politics and are rife with nepotism and diversity hires these days. The military is not now what it used to be.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Combat experience doesn't magically endow someone with wisdom beyond their years. In fact there are several current examples of combat veterans in congress and outside of government who are fiercely anti-freedom and are part of the quagmire of politics.

Who stated or implied such?

so, having beliefs which differ from yours makes them less wise? "Anti-freedom"? In other words, in your world there is no tolerating dissent?

I need a time out!

wilblee

Lurker
Mar 2, 2021
In the event of a tobaccolypse, I’d open up the gun safe, contact a few friends and form a criminal gang that distributes product for the newly formed South American tobacco cartels.

That or grease a few local palms, grow it myself, and start on the road to a vast criminal empire that makes so much cash that it has to be counted by weighing it using truck scales.

One or the other. Just have to play it by ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.