PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
And, I would add...it's very relevant to the discussion at hand, because the propaganda against meat is a key aspect of this same overall BS fake science that she is being exploited to propagate.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
You are certainly welcome to disagree with modern science. Science (especially when it comes to diet) has been altered and re-altered, proven and disproven, for centuries.

Also, be careful to note the word I used was "plant-based" not Vegan or Vegetarian. There is a difference.

Plant-based diet - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant-based_diet
Sorry, my bad. I let myself being carried away by the wide propaganda veganism is enjoying. Yes, plant-based is not unhealthy. You want some meat in your meal, not some meal in your meat.

And yeah, I do disagree with most things modern and even more so with things post-modern.

Reactions: Casual

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
So, now we've gone political and people "sux" for having differing opinions.

Thanks, partisan party poopers. Please take that shit (both sides) somewhere else. It's clearly not allowed in the site rules

#ibtl

Reactions: rushx9

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Hard to disagree with that. Politics and science have unfortunately become inextricably linked together, often times at the cost of rendering them both invalid.
10-4.

One of the things that irks me the most is the reductionism and simplification with with modern 'science' approaches issues, and their painting everything and everyone with a wide brush. And don't even get me started on their proposed solutions, which are even worse than the problem.

I had a friend affected from a certain ailment that caused his ankle to swell painfully. The medicasters' solution: "we have to immobilise the joint permanently!" Now, what kind of @#$%^ solution is that?? My suggestion woulda been to look into diet: the affliction was clearly gouty. But, gout only affects the big toe, right? :rolleyes: The man had a diet extremely rich in nitrogen: he was a carnivore, and deli was ever present. Again, my suggestion woulda been to cut down drastically on the meat, but what the hell do I know right? I used to be a veterinarian, not a fancy MD, so what the trout do I know about human physiology?

Furthermore, gout is considered to affect only corpulent individuals. Right, the big toe swollen and hurting like a mother is the common manifestation of gout in such people; but skinny guys can develop gout as well, only of a different kind which has no such big toe inflamation.

My point: everyone is different and diet and treatments should be personalised, made to fit the individual. Of course, this takes time to investigate, devotion to the medical craft, and money, and nowadays a lot of the medical personnel is so lazy to put in any of those, much less all three.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's unbecoming for a 16 year old child to scold and lecture adults.

Besides, a 16 year old who steps into the public sphere to make political statements opens themselves up to criticism, same as any adult.

That's precisely their strategy...to hide behind a 16 year old girl and attempt to make everyone ashamed to oppose their agenda.

We live in a time when nearly everything has become politicized...and that aspect of it cannot always be ignored.

Reactions: olkofri and lawdawg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I sure am thankful that Big Macs or Vegan aren't my only two choices.
I do fast food 7+ times per week. My LDL stays below 20 and I have a body fat content of 2%. Without red meat, fast food, 1000 calorie protein bars and junk food, I'd starve.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yikes. I find myself in agreement with you often- but considering that the average age for a girl's first cycle is 12, I completely reject this statement.
12 was the stardard age at which girls were considered to jump the border between childhood and womanhood. Boys, about a year later. Basically, once you were out of elementary school, you were no longer a child.

This is not to say, that just because a woman has started to ovulate, she's marriage material. Of course, there needs to exist further psychological maturity before she's ready to start a family with someone. I don't advocate for 12-year olds, or even 15-year olds to get married.

Problem is: when you tell men and women up to 19 or even older, that they're 'children' they will behave as such. No surprise then that we have a plethora of people in their 30's still not settled and still trying to 'find themselves', and acting out and behaving like perpetual children.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I do fast food 7+ times per week. My LDL stays below 20 and I have a body fat content of 2%. Without red meat, fast food, 1000 calorie protein bars and junk food, I'd starve.
As stated before, you are well hated in the overweight community, be assured of that! However, when the apocalypse comes, you'll be in real trouble, buddy! You'll have to trade me some of that Balkan Blue stash just for a week's worth of moose meat :LOL:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
As stated before, you are well hated in the overweight community, be assured of that! However, when the apocalypse comes, you'll be in real trouble, buddy! You'll have to trade me some of that Balkan Blue stash just for a week's worth of moose meat :LOL:
The opposite end of the spectrum is just as bad. I would love to gain weight, find clothes that fit without having to order them, and be able to go a day without having to eat 6+ full sized meals.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
12 was the stardard age at which girls were considered to jump the border between childhood and womanhood. Boys, about a year later. Basically, once you were out of elementary school, you were no longer a child.

This is not to say, that just because a woman has started to ovulate, she's marriage material. Of course, there needs to exist further psychological maturity before she's ready to start a family with someone. I don't advocate for 12-year olds, or even 15-year olds to get married.

Problem is: when you tell men and women up to 19 or even older, that they're 'children' they will behave as such. No surprise then that we have a plethora of people in their 30's still not settled and still trying to 'find themselves', and acting out and behaving like perpetual children.
1x7yqz.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
The opposite end of the spectrum is just as bad. I would love to gain weight, find clothes that fit without having to order them, and be able to go a day without having to eat 6+ full sized meals.
I would like to eat one full sized meal. This diet shit is tough sledding.

Status
Not open for further replies.