PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's not propaganda.. you are supremely ignorant, my friend.

You simply believe different "scientists" than I do. And there is a documented record of falsification of data regarding anthropogenic global warming. Oh sorry, I forgot, we're supposed to call it climate change now, since "AGW" has been revealed to be a fraud.

And if you think there is anywhere near a legitimate scientific consensus on this subject, then you are the one that is supremely ignorant...my friend.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
However, with this statement you have opened the door for a political debate regarding climate change in general that could shut this thread down in a hurry, so If we are enjoying the conversation I would suggest steering away from that.

You see, this is precisely the problem. This really is NOT a political subject...it's a scientific one that we should be able to discuss here.

But it has been made into a political subject through the politicization of science...and by utterly absurd media campaigns such as having a 16 year old girl lecture the world on it...using ridiculous language designed to shame people. And then telling us we're not allowed to criticize her.

If the so-called science behind this was really able to hold up to scrutiny, it would not be being handled in this way. When they have to use terms like "deniers" against those who question the veracity of the science, it tells you a lot.

It has all the hallmarks of propaganda, and does not resemble real scientific information.

Perfect example is the "extinction rebellion" street-theater lunacy that is also being used to promote this stuff.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What climate does climate change change?
Woodchucks now rallying for copyright infringement.?
SS2451665.jpg

Last edited:

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
You see, this is precisely the problem. This really is NOT a political subject...it's a scientific one that we should be able to discuss here.

But it has been made into a political subject through the politicization of science...and by utterly absurd media campaigns.

I agree with this. Unfortunately as you say, they’ve been linked in todays political landscape and as such may be subject to termination here. Was simply trying to steer the thread back to the OP, not expressing any personal opinion on the appropriateness of the subject matter or what constitutes “politics.”

Status
Not open for further replies.