PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
If Edmonton comes back to win the Stanley Cup after being down 3-0, their story of the 2023-24 season will be the stuff of legend for years to come
Ok, that's enough of this crazy talk.

Also. How about a little love for Sasha Barkov. Maurice has put him on McMagic since game one. He's done that job well, I think. Not that Connor has gone without a few decent looks. But still. Barkov is out there grinding.

I still think McDavid is the NHL's best player right now. And I don't see my opinion changing even with a Panther win.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Oilers better be desperate. It'd be nice to see McD do his dipsy-doodling around and instead of passing off every dang time - drive to the slot and shoot the damm puck! ON GOAL, too.

Bench Nurse, call in Bobby Orr. At 70 something he'll do a better job. Go Oilers ! -

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
McDavid read my post from last night. He smokes a pipe, sneaks in on the forum too. He avoids dipstained Pete's too...same as me.
I know that guy. I bought a tin of Smoker Haven Exotique Mixture off of him on the forum some years back. Popped the can after noticing an odd shaped bulge to it. Inside was a coupon code for 50% off all bulk menthol blends at P&C, a puck signed by Darnell Nurse, and a nude photo of Justin Trudeau (not autographed). You can imagine how irate I was, but at least I got a partial refund after I sent the puck back. 😎

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Oilers played like Game one. The series should be 2-2. But. IT's NOT! Dammit! I'm glad to see Oilers at least come back and make it a fight...and I loved that they had no mercy on the big-headed Panthers. Rattling Brobs' cage like that was good too. After he was pulled I thought the Oilers would bomb him ( 45 yr old Terry Sawchuk?..is that who that was?) with shots left and right. But they did good enough. 10 goals would have been nice.

I also liked seeing Tkachuk taking a few to his bratty-punk face. I wish my superstar Nurse ( and pipe smoking buddy) would sent him into outerspace with a clean hit. Nurse likes pipestain, it figures.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and ssjones

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Oilers played like Game one. The series should be 2-2. But. IT's NOT! Dammit! I'm glad to see Oilers at least come back and make it a fight...and I loved that they had no mercy on the big-headed Panthers. Rattling Brobs' cage like that was good too. After he was pulled I thought the Oilers would bomb him ( 45 yr old Terry Sawchuk?..is that who that was?) with shots left and right. But they did good enough. 10 goals would have been nice.

I also liked seeing Tkachuk taking a few to his bratty-punk face. I wish my superstar Nurse ( and pipe smoking buddy) would sent him into outerspace with a clean hit. Nurse likes pipestain, it figures.
Nurse played like he was jacked up on Royal Yacht.

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
Well, whad'yaknow...real playoff hockey! I wonder what Paul Maurice said that finally got the Panthers to show some interest in winning. If they'd played the first part of the game with a third of the intensity they showed in the second half, they'd have won the Cup tonight.

If the Oilers end up winning the series, this is the game that the Florida players should remember.

Reactions: jpmcwjr