PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
The Panthers looked better tonight but not great. How many shots did they put right into Skinner's stomach? It's a shame things got ugly near the end of the game...but that's hockey.

Reactions: yanoJL

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Skinner weak, Brob' stellar, McMagic can't produce. I think the rest is all Panthers. I thought this would be a much better series.
I got nervous when Sasha Barkov left the game. He's been doing a great job of keeping McMagic contained. An elbow to the face?! Not a good look.

The Panthers looked better tonight but not great. How many shots did they put right into Skinner's stomach? It's a shame things got ugly near the end of the game...but that's hockey.

Yeah, you really saw Edmonton's frustration coming out at the end there.

Reactions: Servant King

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Yeah..what's Bouchard smoking? I thought crack was hazardous. He even got in a WWE chokehold. The NHL is nothing what I saw as I grew up - watching and playing. Barkovs? He's fine...I;ve seen a lot worse stuff be totally ignored but again, no consistency in refs anymore.

Darnell Nurse has the worst playoff negative rating in all of history. (meaning he's on the ice when the other team scores) But watching his play you can tell...well....that he sucks out there. Why is he even out there? I cringe every time I see him and Cici out there.

A lot of highly questionable calls on both teams in this LAME series. . I'm tired of seeing every player grabbing his face in agony when anything come close to their heads. Then the cheesy fall-down dramatics and the slow-to- get-up antics (or they wait for a trainer to come out) . The NHL USED to be the toughest guys in any sport. Now they are acting like total pussies - much like the chumps in the NBA and soccer.

The same goes for this "drawing blood" penalty. Why is it worse if blood is drawn? A tiny cut fat lip? Big deal. One of those 4 minute "blood drawn" penalties is a gamechanger. Maybe it's time for mandatory cages or goldfish bowls. ( I wear a goldfish bowl and love it..much better than a cage and no it doesn't fog up if you care for it properly) That would eliminate thie BS "blood drawn" penalty and emit this double-minor penalty crap.

And why do player wear helmets yet let their chin straps dangle loose AF??? . That offers zero protection. If a helmet comes off (happens every game, multiple times) players are mandated to get off the ice. If I were a Coach I'd be so strict on making my players strap those helmets on tight. No exceptions. It's a safety issues plus it hurts the team when a player has to skate off. And it appears the NHL don't give a rats ass about it either. So much for concussion avoidance.

Rants over! Panthers got Oil-juggers on the ropes. I haven' seen yet if Leon Driseitl gets suspended. Again, another hit with an elbow thrown into the side of the face. And the dramatics afterwards. NHL is getting like the NFL. It's kind of interesting that no "Canadian" team has won a cup since that little rat Bettman stepped into the NHL. Nice name too, Bet-man. LOL

I don't easily count teams out (esp. this early) but this is all Panthers from here on in. I see people ragging on McDavid. He ain't producing but also he's getting double-teamed and whacked and stabbed on every shift. And whose the better Goalie? That's pretty darn clear.

Last edited:

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Yeah..what's Bouchard smoking? I thought crack was hazardous. He even got in a WWE chokehold. The NHL is nothing what I saw as I grew up - watching and playing. Barkovs? He's fine...I;ve seen a lot worse stuff be totally ignored but again, no consistency in refs anymore.

Darnell Nurse has the worst playoff negative rating in all of history. (meaning he's on the ice when the other team scores) But watching his play you can tell...well....that he sucks out there. Why is he even out there? I cringe every time I see him and Cici out there.

A lot of highly questionable calls on both teams in this LAME series. . I'm tired of seeing every player grabbing his face in agony when anything come close to their heads. Then the cheesy fall-down dramatics and the slow-to- get-up antics (or they wait for a trainer to come out) . The NHL USED to be the toughest guys in any sport. Now they are acting like total pussies - much like the chumps in the NBA and soccer.

The same goes for this "drawing blood" penalty. Why is it worse if blood is drawn? A tiny cut fat lip? Big deal. One of those 4 minute "blood drawn" penalties is a gamechanger. Maybe it's time for mandatory cages or goldfish bowls. ( I wear a goldfish bowl and love it..much better than a cage and no it doesn't fog up if you care for it properly) That would eliminate thie BS "blood drawn" penalty and emit this double-minor penalty crap.

And why do player wear helmets yet let their chin straps dangle loose AF??? . That offers zero protection. If a helmet comes off (happens every game, multiple times) players are mandated to get off the ice. If I were a Coach I'd be so strict on making my players strap those helmets on tight. No exceptions. It's a safety issues plus it hurts the team when a player has to skate off. And it appears the NHL don't give a rats ass about it either. So much for concussion avoidance.

Rants over! Panthers got Oil-juggers on the ropes. I haven' seen yet if Leon Driseitl gets suspended. Again, another hit with an elbow thrown into the side of the face. And the dramatics afterwards. NHL is getting like the NFL. It's kind of interesting that no "Canadian" team has won a cup since that little rat Bettman stepped into the NHL. Nice name too, Bet-man. LOL

I don't easily count teams out (esp. this early) but this is all Panthers from here on in. I see people ragging on McDavid. He ain't producing but also he's getting double-teamed and whacked and stabbed on every shift. And whose the better Goalie? That's pretty darn clear.
No suspension or fine for #29 (hey, that rhymes!). But they did fine Sam Carrick $2,213.54 for slashing Kulikov, which is about equal to my annual TAD budget. Minus the 54 cents, of course... :rolleyes:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, no suspension for Leon Driseitl. The NHL must be desperate to see if he can make this a series, at least for a game or two. It looked suspension worthy to me, and I've seen all of Tom Wilsons hits, for perspective.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm biased, so I won't throw my opinion in, but unless Draisaitl took off his head and lobbed it into the crowd - they aren't suspending him. The fact that there was a ref in the corner watching the whole thing and only gave him 2 minutes is telling as well.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I'm biased, so I won't throw my opinion in, but unless Draisaitl took off his head and lobbed it into the crowd - they aren't suspending him. The fact that there was a ref in the corner watching the whole thing and only gave him 2 minutes is telling as well.
I can't believe you used the word "ref" within five words of the word "watching." :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
Another great effort from Edmonton and another win for the Panthers. This series is not going the way I thought it would.

I think Edmonton is trying too hard to set up Draisaitl one-timers from low down. The Panthers seem to be ready for that shot every time.

Kudos to Florida for somehow finding a way to win this one.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Get the broom. Dallas probably would have given Cats a better fight. Horrible Cup series.

And yeah I've been saying it for awhile, those one timers IMO are getting friggin' old. And the angle is about what ? 10 degrees sometimes?

And Darnell Nurse? Again, I ask why is this jughead is even on the ice?

So suspend Draisaitl but choke- holds to the point of a guy almost blacking out are OK? And it wasn't even a penalty? That was a first and I hope it doesn't get trendy. Choke a guy out ? Seriously ? SMFH. Reality is that such a "manuever?" can provoke death. I'll have to ask my buddy, he's a retired minor league referee - on how this chokehold thing should have been handled.

Looks like Old Gary Bettman is going to be happy seeing those Cups staying in the USA.

I was rooting for Oilers (mostly for McDavid) but I hope Cats put them away in 4 and end this pathetic pond hockey tournament.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA

Which I think will fuel him for next year to be honest.
Some have said that you have to lose the big one before you can win it. Although that's not always the case, there are lots of examples of it in the NHL. Heck, the Panthers seem to be the perfect example right now.

McDavid and the Oilers should have some great years ahead of them. Given their playoff performance this year I wouldn't be surprised if they hoist a few Stanley Cups in the near future.

(I've written this as if the Panthers are going to win this year. If Edmonton comes back and wins this series, blame me.)

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Some have said that you have to lose the big one before you can win it. Although that's not always the case, there are lots of examples of it in the NHL. Heck, the Panthers seem to be the perfect example right now.

McDavid and the Oilers should have some great years ahead of them. Given their playoff performance this year I wouldn't be surprised if they hoist a few Stanley Cups in the near future.

(I've written this as if the Panthers are going to win this year. If Edmonton comes back and wins this series, blame me.)
If Edmonton comes back to win the Stanley Cup after being down 3-0, their story of the 2023-24 season will be the stuff of legend for years to come

Reactions: jpmcwjr