Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
Good grief!

How do you outshoot the Stars 13-3 in the first, and then let them score 3 goals in 3 minutes in the second?
By being outshot 16-7 in the second?

Joking aside, the Stars did come out much stronger in the second. And Edmonton seemed to lose the thread a number of times when the Stars got in deep. That was a difficult loss for the Oilers, but I suspect they'll bounce back from it.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
One of the linesman took what looked like a puck to the family jewels, ouch!

Watching that game and Game 2 for the Bears/Cleveland - OT win for the Bears, now up 2-0 in the semi-finals for the Calder Cup.

1717295346481.jpeg

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
I'm a Panthers fan (originally from Miami) and I'm nervous.

The Panthers have made it to the finals twice; swept by Colorado the first time, and then beaten by Las Vegas 3 games to 1 last year. They are 1 - 8 so far in their finals appearances.

So yeah, I'm nervous.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Last year, Barkov was told not to touch not to touch the Prince of Wales trophy, he did, and they lost.

Maurice gave him orders this year, and he listened. But the Oilers didn't touch theirs either, so somebody has to win!

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Oilers, total domination. Yet they lose. Can you say "Goaltending?"

Brob' was the only reason Cats won that game. Like I always say "Goalies win Cups." Also give credit to Panthers hustle to go after the puck, dig in the corners - PLUS their forechecking is a thing of beauty. Oiljugs had what? 3 breakaways and everyone shoots low??? C'mon boysies, that ain't a'working. Sticks are curved for a reason, get the biscuit up in the air.

Can Brobs do that for 3 more games. I highly doubt it. Skinner played great as well...His D just fckd up. D-man Darnell Nurse is really REALLY bad and has the worst negative rating in the NHL. When him and Cici are out there I cringe. I'd bench Nurse. The dude is two steps behind the plays.

7 hr flight from Florida to Edmonton. That's crazy and gonna' drag out the cup for the whole month ! Call in the Space Shuttle or something, fer cripes sake.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
When it first started, the pest control company, Orkin, took full advantage and had people in their work uniforms clearing the ice.

Love the rats raining down on Patrick Roy at 1:37, especially the one that clonks him right on the facemask. At the time I'd have probably said he deserved for those to be real rats. But I'm far more mature nowadays--I just watch on loop the footage of Mike Vernon (and, alternately, Chris Osgood) bloodying him with punches during one of those classic Avs/Red Wings line brawls from around the same time period. What a rivalry that was! Brings back lots of memories.

Reactions: yanoJL

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Love the rats raining down on Patrick Roy at 1:37, especially the one that clonks him right on the facemask. At the time I'd have probably said he deserved for those to be real rats. But I'm far more mature nowadays--I just watch on loop the footage of Mike Vernon (and, alternately, Chris Osgood) bloodying him with punches during one of those classic Avs/Red Wings line brawls from around the same time period. What a rivalry that was! Brings back lots of memories.
It was a good, almost great, time to be a Panthers fan. They traded with Vancouver to get Pavel Bure, "the Russian Rocket".
He was never really healthy; always seemed to be nursing a knee injury.

bure_705__70666.1489522135.jpg

And uugggh, I couldn't stand Patrick Roy. But Steve Yzerman, on the other hand!

Reactions: Servant King

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Misc. unimportant info and question:

Is P. Roy related to several of that name in years gone by?

Also is Tkachuck descended from a Tkachuck of long ago? I tried to look it up, but didn't get past his father. Suspect the one I recall from the last ice age might be his granddad, or uncle or Great Uncle.

Back then, it was "Taay-chuck"