PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
I got 2 pipe ties from David Field (the Dunhill expert and once importer of Radices). I wear them proudly at Slow Smoking events. Maybe they intimidate some of the competition by psyching them out. Once I was going through an airport in a suit (hate to wrinkle them by packing them in carryon) and a rep from CAO cigars was walking the other way when he noticed my cigar tie. He turned and came after me with a free cigar. So yes, dressing up can get you points, and in this case, a cigar.

hp
les

PS - too bad he wasn't a Castello rep, when I was wearing a Castello tie.

There are lots of perks to wearing a tie and nice clothes. I always get better hair cuts when I dress nicely. I sometimes don't have to wait in line for things. People treat you better, because they assume I have some sort of power over them. I've never gotten a ticket while wearing a tie, and usually get waved on. I mean, I do wear a tshirt occasionally and shorts. But, you can sense the difference in the way people treat you.
It just makes sense... look good, feel good, and people treat you better.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I have had two quite nice Bolo ties from AZ both were said to be more or less of silver with turquoise stones,but I sold them eventually due to limited use, now this brought me to a question if somebody knows if there are any recommended Jewellery shop who may specialize in well made Southwestern style bolo ties,

I have had two quite nice Bolo ties from AZ both were said to be more or less of silver with turquoise stones,but I sold them eventually due to limited use, now this brought me to a question if somebody knows if there are any recommended Jewellery shop who may specialize in well made Southwestern style bolo ties,
I don't know of any shops that specialize that way, but I have a few sterling and stone bolos. I've made a few. It would depend on what you want. You can also do a search of "Indian Pawn bolos" for some pretty cool native American made stuff.

I don't wear the bolos much these days. I get tired of being called "chief" or "partner" when out and about.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I don't know of any shops that specialize that way, but I have a few sterling and stone bolos. I've made a few. It would depend on what you want. You can also do a search of "Indian Pawn bolos" for some pretty cool native American made stuff.

I don't wear the bolos much these days. I get tired of being called "chief" or "partner" when out and about.
Thanks Mike, I shall keep this in mind

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I hardly ever wear a tie anymore, but did so quite a bit in the past. One of my favorite ties that I bought when I was a senior in High School in the mid 60s, is this club tie. Club ties or Rep ties were supposed to be for belonging to a certain club or group. These ties were considered rather snobby at the time by many. A sales clerk at one store I bought from brought this tie to my attention. Upon close inspection you can see the club emblem has the letters, starting at about the 8 o'clock position and going clockwise, MOGDC. Which stood for "My Own Goddamn Club". I had to have it, and still have it today over 50 years later, but am not sure quite why I do. I guess I still don't like snobbery... ?

fullsizeoutput_2aa1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2a9f.jpeg

I hardly ever wear a tie anymore, but did so quite a bit in the past. One of my favorite ties that I bought when I was a senior in High School in the mid 60s, is this club tie. Club ties or Rep ties were supposed to be for belonging to a certain club or group. These ties were considered rather snobby at the time by many. A sales clerk at one store I bought from brought this tie to my attention. Upon close inspection you can see the club emblem has the letters, starting at about the 8 o'clock position and going clockwise, MOGDC. Which stood for "My Own Goddamn Club". I had to have it, and still have it today over 50 years later, but am not sure quite why I do. I guess I still don't like snobbery... ?

View attachment 54969
View attachment 54970
Awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.