PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Always been 1 to only keep and use 2 blends in stock at a time. Find for the most part I prefer blends to contain perique. So, having recently bought a pound of OJK, decided to buy a pound of match Victorian to go with it. Lately find I prefer the Victorian over Bayou Morning, my other VaPer.

Bourbonandcigars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2024
I grabbed something from the recent SG drop as well. Last tin of 1792 I had was approaching 20 years ago and I remember not liking it all that well. My tastes have changed so I thought I would give it another shot.

Bought a tin of Union Square about a month ago and have been enjoying it immensely. Date code on that tin is 011624. Bought two more to age a bit. Date code on these is 121522. Should I send them back and get a fresher one? (Not...)

View attachment 314910
Just opened a tin of union square from 2011 and it is a 10/10. Taste like lemon ice cream. And smells like sour cherries. Delicious

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Just enough to get free shipping.
Oh crap, there was supposed to be 3 tins of StJames Flake🤔
A quick call to Boston, and a tin of SJF will be on the way! Everybody is human, it’s how you take care of things that keeps me giving you my money.
Ronson (now owned by zippo) lighter came in today, but that was Amazon.
IMG_0901.jpeg

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
2 orders in today. 1 from across the pond and another locally.

TAD 061324.JPG

The rundown:
100g HU Soraya
100g HU Nebari
100g HU White Horses
100g HU Exclusiv Mixture No.1
8oz MB Old Dark Fired (RR)
50g Ascanian No.1 Riverside Blend
8oz GLP Six Pence
100g HH Pure VA
7oz VM Semois
50g Salty Dogs
100g SG Sam's Flake
100g SG 1792
4oz C & D Steamworks
4 oz C & D Bijou
4 oz GLP Geometrie

Alright, enough typing. Time to crack some tins... puffy

BingBong

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
How do you find it? I like it but it burns like the fiery pits of hades.
I'm enjoying burning in my new Peterson Bulldog with it - it's a pure virginia, gentle sips keep the demons at bay. Definitely not a puffer; when I first smoked this from a tin, I did puff searching for the flavour, but quickly learned that the subtleties need to be teased out slowly - and when the tin finished, I really missed it, having adjusted to its charms.

TampaPete

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2023
Tampa, FL
So, not exactly a typical TAD attack, but more of a delayed gratification…
I was in my garage the other night looking for something and opened one of the drawers on my “workbench” and found this…

IMG_1929.jpeg

I had completely forgotten about these for 4 years. They’ve all been aging nicely in my uninsulated Florida garage since 2020/2021. The Orlik is the only one that needs some rehydration, everything else is perfect :)
The C&D Burley Flake #4 in particular smells amazing now.

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
First time ordering from this company and the shipping I chose required a signature. After three days of cat and mouse…I finally got my hands on the goods. Just put an order in for more…without signature requirements. 😁View attachment 317268
It's always a tease knowing it's so close, sitting in a delivery truck somewhere. Like @TampaPete said, another form of delayed gratification. Probably still in your neighborhood when you get the "missed you" notice. lol I've been known to hunt them down on the street and twist their arm! I buy whisky from Europe often and this happens every once in a while. Nice haul.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
It's always a tease knowing it's so close, sitting in a delivery truck somewhere. Like @TampaPete said, another form of delayed gratification. Probably still in your neighborhood when you get the "missed you" notice. lol I've been known to hunt them down on the street and twist their arm! I buy whisky from Europe often and this happens every once in a while. Nice haul.
Thanks!
Yesterday I drove an hour to get there. 5 minutes from the house I got another email saying they changed the delivery time to later that evening. So I changed directions again, got 30 mins down the road and got a sorry we missed you email 😑 I have a honest disdain for UPS in my neck of the woods. We used to raise show livestock when the kids were little and I’d have to track the truck down to get thousands of dollars worth of “breeding “ material from them so we didn’t miss a cycle for animals to be bred. I use the big brown truck as little as possible now.

Last edited: