PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Jawbox is among my top 20 bands all time, yet I never caught them live. I've seen J play solo, but no Box.
No shit?! Me too. Been a devoted fan since ‘92. For Your Own Special Sweetheart is a masterpiece. I saw them in LA in 1995ish and Atlanta in 1997ish. Both explosive and intense shows. Between this revelation and the Breeders thing a few weeks ago, I suspect our musical tastes are fairly aligned.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
No shit?! Me too. Been a devoted fan since ‘92. For Your Own Special Sweetheart is a masterpiece. I saw them in LA in 1995ish and Atlanta in 1997ish. Both explosive and intense shows. Between this revelation and the Breeders thing a few weeks ago, I suspect our musical tastes are fairly aligned.
When I get home from work today I'll post up a pic of one of my prized musical possessions (jawbox relayed).

Reactions: B.Lew and FurCoat

Auxsender

Jul 17, 2022
Nashville

dottlejockey

Just got the drop from Germany on the HU stuff. That was incredibly fast! Ordered this up on the 4th. Same day placed an order from a well known place in the states - expecting that in a 2 or 3 more days. Wow.

Anyhoo, here's the goods:
100g Haymaker
100g Nashville County
100g Makhuwa
100g Director's Cut
100g Louisiana Broken
100g Nyala
50g Dockworker
50g SG FVF
50g SG 1792

They were running some great sale prices and i've wanted these for a while, so what can i say? puffy

HU Haul 0624.JPG

Bananacaravanadium

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2024
Willamette Valley, OR
Jumped on the VA’s that popped up on some sites this week.
Solani 633 and Reiner 71
Janus has been on my list because I loved another new-to-me blend Waccamaw that is also Va-Per-Or.
Opening Night is one I’ve looked forward to; great reviews and I’ve been loving VA’s lately.
Also been loving GLP’s Latakia blends and haven’t tried Gaslight yet.
And Luminaire was on sale so why not?
Not pictured: some pipe cleaners, and the twin of each tin.
1717820597990.jpeg

Roach1

Can't Leave
Nov 25, 2023
Germany
Just got the drop from Germany on the HU stuff. That was incredibly fast! Ordered this up on the 4th. Same day placed an order from a well known place in the states - expecting that in a 2 or 3 more days. Wow.

Anyhoo, here's the goods:
100g Haymaker
100g Nashville County
100g Makhuwa
100g Director's Cut
100g Louisiana Broken
100g Nyala
50g Dockworker
50g SG FVF
50g SG 1792

They were running some great sale prices and i've wanted these for a while, so what can i say? puffy

View attachment 315686
You US guys get good prices and are able to sometimes by bulk from Estervals in Germany. Here in country and in Europe we have none of these advantages.

Bananacaravanadium

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2024
Willamette Valley, OR
My first order from L.J. Peretti - Cuban Mixture.
And from SPC - GLP Triple Play, C&D Steamworks, and 2oz of G&H Kendall Gold.

View attachment 315931
Be careful with that Kendal Gold; can sting like a swarm of bees, but I’m sure it was due to my inexperience with managing a shag cut. I’ve had success with other shags since then but haven’t been tempted to try it again. It is currently spending time in a jar to think about what it has done.

TampaPete

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2023
Tampa, FL
Be careful with that Kendal Gold; can sting like a swarm of bees, but I’m sure it was due to my inexperience with managing a shag cut. I’ve had success with other shags since then but haven’t been tempted to try it again. It is currently spending time in a jar to think about what it has done.
I will keep that in mind :col:
I’m new to shag cuts myself, but I’ve been having pretty good luck so far with Five Brothers, Dark Birsdeye, and Penny Farthing. I’ll follow the same pattern with the Kendall Gold - smaller bowl, tighter pack, and try to keep the pace down, although that’s tough when it tastes good!