PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pipebuddy

Dean not sure I get your point in relation to my last post...I was saying Germain's response was positive and that the OP should have called John Germain instead of making this public.

Dec 24, 2012
Yeah, but I don't get why John Germain went on about cellaring when that really wasn't the question being asked; the question being asked was about consistency of the blend.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
[/quote]Pick up the phone and talk to one another, like adults should.
+1 peck
Not generally directed to this original posting, but more so to Peck's; it is so true in many misunderstandings and squabbles these days. People don't talk to each other anymore.
I think you both got off to a bad start, and a phone call may have changed everything. It's too easy to piss someone off in an email or text when that is not even remotely the intent. The majority of communication is body language, tone, etc. All that is lost in text.
As a Deputy Sheriff probably half the dispute calls I go to are just because people can't or won't just talk to each other. That and silly crap over Facebook postings. Technology has moved many people to become social retards.

Dec 24, 2012
I just phoned the number again and tried to punk him using an Arnold Scwarzenegger accent and asking if I could just buy " da Treacle".
He seemed peeved.
I may try my patented Bea Arthur voice next and ask if they have a Marijuanna blend or would consider making one on a special order basis.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I just had this image pop into my mind of John Germain sitting in his office on the island of Jersey reading the Urban Dictionary while smoking a bowl.
Which leads quite naturally to the image of John Germain standing over the Stonehaven topping station and fapping about.
They'll label it "Special Edition" and it will sell out in a nanosecond.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I do enjoy the situation when two people speaking English can't understand what is being said. Had an English roommate, City of London copper, ask to borrow my rubber once. Shocked and stunned silence followed his request.
On point: I believe Mr. Germain made his disdain of someone who would mistreat his valued product very clear in his initial response. He also addressed the issue of consistency. Obviously he expects his "hand-made" blends to be inconsistent. A believer of "let the buyer beware" perhaps. Sufficient customers attest to his product and they might enjoy the "surprise" factor when opening a trusted blend for the first time.
Perhaps the adjective "eccentric" might apply to Mr. Germain. Eccentric and self-assured? Barmy? Whatever, his approach to customer satisfaction is refreshingly different. Not what one expects when making a complaint to a trained and glib customer service rep in this day and age.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Which leads quite naturally to the image of John Germain standing over the Stonehaven topping station and fapping about.

1K_Posts-vi.png

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Germain isn't going to take responsibility for blend consistency or quality control of a bag that has been cellared.
I think the original poster chose his words poorly. He isn't really "cellaring" if it was bought in August. Lets say he purchased two bags in August and smoked thru one and is just now opening his second.
Funny response though - I gather Germain is tired of getting flack over being always out of stock and attributes it, to some extent, on American hoarders.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
Well said Sablebrush and Peck. Most entertaining.
What with such wit, irreverence, poor taste, and childishness, the playground is clearly open.

P

pipebuddy

[/quote]Yeah, but I don't get why John Germain went on about cellaring when that really wasn't the question being asked; the question being asked was about consistency of the blend.
Dean, I could be wrong. But I think buddy was simply skating, or trying to.

P

pipebuddy

Or, even simpler: he really doesn't give a f*&%. Try Prince Charles's voice, next time you call them. It might work.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Had a great email chat with JFG. His main concern seems to be the need to innovate. I spoke up for tradition, and suggested the idea of turning blends into franchises, e.g. Stonehaven -> Stonehaven Original, Stonehaven Extra-Strong, Stonehaven Latakia Blast, etc. (for example). Seems like a good fellow who loves his tobacco and I'm excited to try his blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.