PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Our illustrious founder or administrator if you will has one or several. Purchased at the Chicago pipe show. I should get one because I have literally burned holes in all my shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters and what not.
If Smokey Joes had one big enough to fit me I’d have bought one. They were Priced Right, Looked Good and I have two or three opportunities to wear one a formal smoking jacket a year.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
If Smokey Joes had one big enough to fit me I’d have bought one. They were Priced Right, Looked Good and I have two or three opportunities to wear one a formal smoking jacket a year.
While I've never used this specific person in the past nor seen their product in-hand, so I cannot give a personal recommend, I have had wonderful result from folks from other folks Etsy for specialty items.

You might want to check-out KACERY DESIGNER on Etsy for a semi-bespoke jacket; and, they state: "...This Design will be made to your exact measurements. After adding a product to your cart, we will ask for your exact measurements. It is a really simple process..."

They have dozens and dozens of color and trim options

From more Reserved Stylings...
1679741682091.png

To more on the Fancy-Schmancy side, if that's more your style
Kacery.jpg

Personally, I'm very partial to the green with black trim and contrast color over-stitch.... Hmmmm... Thinking I might have to order one in Granger blue with gold lapel, cuffs and trim, and get them to custom embroider that pointing hunting dog over the chest pocket, instead of the crest or initials, and send it to my pally @Grangerous ... Maybe,... - Sherm Natman

Last edited:

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
One summer night, at my grandmother's house, I put on her nightgown to sleep, and I smoked a large partagas cigar. There were my aunts, me sitting in the rocking chair, smoking like a Siberian train. My grandmother almost died, from laughing. I don't remember drinking anything that night.

@JOHN72 - Here is better "pairing" for your Partagas Cigar.
Paisley.jpg

A bit of an up-grade from Granny's Nighty, I should say. - Sherm Natman

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Hmmmm... Thinking I might have to order one in Granger blue with gold lapel, cuffs and trim, and get them to custom embroider that pointing hunting dog over the chest pocket, instead of the crest or initials, and send it to my pally @Grangerous ... Maybe,... - Sherm Natman
[/QUOTE]

Dear Shermie,

If you wanna put lipstick on a pig, send me one of those fancy, silk smokin jackets.

I’d hate to be caught dead in one.

Cruel thing to send to a forum member that shouldn’t even buy green bananas. Poor sap would likely just, you know… “try it on” and that’s how he’ll be found—sitting in a garage full of power tools and junk, wearing his fancy-ass silk robe with a monogram pocket.

Listen Sherm..
Now back in the day, when a wealthy club member could pass away in an over-stuffed leather chair wearing a crooked smile, his pipe dangling precariously from one tooth and left for days until someone decided to shake him and scream. —A smokin jacket is just the ticket. Toss me onto a gurney and kiss my ass.

But for some poor sap to be unceremoniously scooped up from a dirty garage floor and wheeled past his neighbors, mouths agape, heads shakin and fingers pointing? Fate worse than death.

Think I’ll loose some weight — you know, so the guys cremating my body won’t have to stand there tappin their feet too long and staring at the clock. Always been a considerate soul. Never liked my neighbors anyway. Send me my fancy-ass robe.

Last edited:

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Hmmmm... Thinking I might have to order one in Granger blue with gold lapel, cuffs and trim, and get them to custom embroider that pointing hunting dog over the chest pocket, instead of the crest or initials, and send it to my pally @Grangerous ... Maybe,... - Sherm Natman
"Listen Sherm... Now back in the day, when a wealthy club member could pass away in an over-stuffed leather chair wearing a crooked smile, his pipe dangling precariously from one tooth and left for days until someone decided to shake him and scream..."

Shocked.jpg

Sir! ... May I remind you that I uncomfortably resemble that description! :ROFLMAO:

And...
No_Soup.jpeg

"No Soup,... AND, No Velvet Smoking Jacket for you!" :LOL: - Sherm Natman

Last edited:

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Turnbull & Asser
They have one in Navy !! @Grangerous @shermnatman

P.S. I have an old one from my Grand Uncle in the same style and wool ... unfortunately it lost its horn buttons and its too small ... we keep it as a remembrance ... it is really warm for winter though for those it fits.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
The British firm of Turnbull & Asser used to be the go-to source for the best in bespoke apparel, including smoking-jackets.

EXACTLY!!!! I believe they are who Ian Flemming took Sean Connery to, so he could be properly fitted and get custom shirts with Cocktail Cuffs for Dr No.

Bond_cuffs.jpg
drno-cuffsideview-comp.jpg

You see Brother @Grangerous, as I've been telling you over and over again, Savile Row is NOT the clothing aisle at The Home Depot! :LOL: - Sherm Natman

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Correction: Bond Director, Terrance Young - Not Flemming - took Connery to his personal London tailors to get him attired as James Bond - being: Suit-maker Anthony Sinclair for the conduit-cut suits, and, T&B for his custom made cocktail-cuff button-down shirts. - Sherm "Well Appointed" Natman

Reactions: JOHN72

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
You see Brother @Grangerous, as I've been telling you over and over again, Savile Row is NOT the clothing aisle at The Home Depot! :LOL: - Sherm Natman
[/QUOTE]

Dearest Shermie,
That terrible, empty feeling in your skull?—Sherm, might I suggest a toupee with a brain inside? Home Depot isn’t where elitist like myself acquire wardrobe. 👊 😎

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Burn spots! Almost every outdoor jacket I have has a tiny hole or two or three, all of synthetic fiber. None of my wool jackets are holey, so if I got a smoking jacket, I'd make sure it was wool. Or is there a better material (that's not synthetic) for a jacket?