PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I don’t have a smoking jacket yet but do plan to get one some time this year. Perhaps in a pattern that won’t show burns readily. Although maybe a smoking jacket should show some wear from smoking. Thoughts?

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Speaking of The Fez...

Meet Nasser Abd El-Baset, one of the last traditional, hand-made (Tarboosh) Fez-Makers left in Cairo, in this amazing YouTube VIDEO

Nassar is from a multi-generational family of dedicated Fez-Makers - his son Muhammad (aka Young Nassar) - will be carrying on the family tradition of hand-crafting and shaping the finest fez in the middle east, AND, on 600 year-old brass molds and stove which which to work the felt in creating many different styles of the Fez - including the mold for the politically-charged specific Fez which was outlawed in the 1950s by the government.

This is THE REAL McCOY, hand-made, woven straw lined interior form, hand-sewn tassel, Turkish-Ottoman Fez and not some Halloween Adventure costume nonsense from China.

It looks like you can order from Nassar for $99 USD delivered on Etsy, under the store: CleopatraEgypt.
Nasser_Fez.jpg

Very, very cool stuff, very cool history - Sherm Natman

Last edited:

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Correction: Bond Director, Terrance Young - Not Flemming - took Connery to his personal London tailors to get him attired as James Bond - being: Suit-maker Anthony Sinclair for the conduit-cut suits, and, T&B for his custom made cocktail-cuff button-down shirts. - Sherm "Well Appointed" Natman
You think James Bond wore buttoned cuffs?

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
You think James Bond wore buttoned cuffs?

Did you not see the 2 included reference pictures from Dr No ?

Here is a 3rd picture, in case you missed the other two - Sherm "20-20" Natman

Cuff_Button.jpg

"Hello... Yes, America's Best Eyeglass and Lens?... Yes, I'd like to make an appointment with your Optometrist.... No, no, the appointment is not for me... I'm calling for a friend... Well, it seems he can't make-out the numbers on the phone dial, so I have to dial for him... Yes.... His name? .... Berg... J.P. Berg..."

Last edited:
I
Speaking of The Fez...

Meet Nasser Abd El-Baset, one of the last traditional, hand-made (Tarboosh) Fez-Makers left in Cairo, in this amazing YouTube VIDEO

Nassar is from a multi-generational family of dedicated Fez-Makers - his son Muhammad (aka Young Nassar) - will be carrying on the family tradition of hand-crafting and shaping the finest fez in the middle east, AND, on 600 year-old brass molds and stove which which to work the felt in creating many different styles of the Fez - including the mold for the politically-charged specific Fez which was outlawed in the 1950s by the government.

This is THE REAL McCOY, hand-made, woven straw lined interior form, hand-sewn tassel, Turkish-Ottoman Fez and not some Halloween Adventure costume nonsense from China.

It looks like you can order from Nassar for $99 USD delivered on Etsy, under the store: CleopatraEgypt.
View attachment 212311

Very, very cool stuff, very cool history - Sherm Natman
would love one but I am too picky about hats and need to try on for fit. guess i need to book a trip to Cairo!

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Did you not see the 2 included reference pictures from Dr No ?

Here is a 3rd picture, in case you missed the other two - Sherm "20-20" Natman

View attachment 212340

"Hello... Yes, America's Best Eyeglass and Lens?... Yes, I'd like to make an appointment with your Optometrist.... No, no, the appointment is not for me... I'm calling for a friend... Well, it seems he can't make-out the numbers on the phone dial, so I have to dial for him... Yes.... His name? .... Berg... J.P. Berg..."
Good God. I’ll never look at James in the same light again.

• Haha
Reactions: Zero

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife bought me a smoking jacket that I enjoy wearing now and then, though usually my smoking time is short enough, I don't get dressed for the occasion. I'm too busy getting the pipe and tobacco picked, packed and lit. So usually it's more a buffalo plaid shirt or jacket. The smoking jacket has a sort of Japanese floral print on a dark blue background, nineteen-thirties suave. I tend to do a Cary Grant imitation while wearing it.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Bruce_Alfred.jpg

Alfred: What is it, Sir?

Bruce: It seems that Codger of Crusty Comedy, @jpmcwjr , has struck once again... this time on the Pipes Magazine Forum... posting a ridiculous lampooning photo designed to confound and constipate his fashion arch-rival, Millionaire Socialite Bruce Wayne... BUT, what he doesn't know is that 'Batman' took a plaster impression from the bite-marks found on this damaged over-sized tobacco-colored Chess Pawn, which likely will match one of the files in the Bat-Computers vast storehouse of DNA & Dental Records... The poor Nicotine deluded creature, was likely desperate to feed his habit while competing in last week's Gotham City Charity Chess Championship - a NON-SMOKING EVENT!!! - giving us the proof we need to have him incarcerated, where he might receive the rehabilitation he desperately needs, with the hopes of becoming an active and up-standing member of society, once again.

Alfred: Oh my... And, what of his warped sense regarding proper men's attire, Sir?

Bruce: We can't look for miracles, Alfred... THAT would require the intervention of a higher-power, I''m afraid.

Alfred: ::: shakes head in dismay :::

;) - Sherm Natman

Last edited:
Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr