PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
2nd weekend in a row with little or no smoking.

Last weekend my son was visiting from Melbourne with our 4 1/2 yo granddaughter. So no smoking when she was around. I did sneak in a small cigar when she was running around the backyard playing with some visiting children.

This weekend nursing a bad cold she gifted me (4 1/2 year olds are such germ factories ?). 2nd non-smoking rule - whenever I have a respiratory tract infection.
I don't want to repeat months of treatment for chronic sinusitis or a 4hr sinus surgery ever again.

Definitely NOT COVID. 3 negative COVID RATs in past 5-6 days.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
At the moment, I'm only having about 1 bowl per day. I have a corncob that I am not a fan of, and I have the one briar. The corncob I got for if I happen to want a second bowl because it was inexpensive, just to have a second pipe until I can afford another briar (and come across one that speaks to me, whether new or estate).

But I will load and smoke a bowl in one sitting, usually with my mid-afternoon coffee. If I had more briars/pipes that I enjoyed, I might be doing 2-3 bowls per day (I want my pipes to have 24 hours between smokes).

And if I had enough pipes, I might lose track of the bowls per day as I might prefer to smoke only a little at a time but multiple times per day (say, smoking for 5-10 minutes 15-20 times per day instead of smoking for 45-90 minutes 1-2 times per day). Or I might even prefer a few all day smokes with one or two long sessions thrown in.

Milburniv

Lurker
Jun 21, 2022
I am in the 2-3 a week range. I’m not sure I’d consider it a luxury, but the smell and taste are very calming to me. It’s therapeutic thinking time.

Reactions: Michigan_Bill

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I'm curious to know how often others smoke their pipe. I tend to spark up every 2 or 3 hours. Is this too much or isn't there a general frequency that's accepted by experienced pipe smokers?
I think you have to go with what works with you. I smoke only outside and usually limit myself to four or five bowls a week during the summer. Winter, maybe once or twice every week or so. I always wanted to keep a certain limit on it health wise. Keeps me with a decent budget as well.

Reactions: NC TX ID pipeman