PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I only work mornings or afternoons. So I take the opportunity to smoke before work. In the morning I only have time to smoke a small pipe, at five o'clock in the morning, since I get up with the first coffee. About four pipes after work. On my days off from work, I can smoke all day long, maybe 8 pipes in total, some cigars too. I hardly use small bowl, at the moment medium to large bowl. If I have a bad day, I don't smoke at all, I take a walk for an hour to get some air and relax my mind. Stress or bad mood, makes me not enjoy a good cigar or pipe. Cigars, but on my days off, I alternate pipe and cigar. In short, I don't think about how much I smoke or should smoke, if I am at peace, I just grab my tobacco.

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
For me, I go through phases, honestly. Sometimes it’s driven by what I’m doing. But mostly it’s driven by what I want to taste on, if that makes any sense.

I.e., there are seasons when I open a jar of Virginias, take a whiff, and it’s the most enticing thing ever. So I smoke that a bunch, maybe 3-6 bowls a day. Then there’s times when I sniff and it’s just “meh.” So I sniff a different jar and see what hits, or I try to identify what flavor I’m craving.

There are also times when I sniff 7-8 different jars and nothing entices me. Rather than waste a good smoke when that happens, I use it as an opportunity to let my pipes “rest.” Then when I come back to them in a day or so, they taste amazing.

So on average, I’m 1-5 bowls per day. Lately, trending more towards 1-2 a day. But subject to change at any given time.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I've read a few studies and such about the health effects of pipe smoking and the one group that shows a notable i.e. somewhat provable or probable link to health problems smoke enough bowls that I seriously doubt they even stop smoking to eat or to do anything. Like it was a number of pipes fulls that even assuming 30 minutes per smoke that would have accounted for almost all waking moments. So the take away is don't worry too much about it.