PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
Sometimes I smoke once or twice per week, sometimes once per month.
1-3 bowls in evenings when I do make the time.

Wife hates the smell, and I can't always work outside on the computer. It is quite an intrusive habit, but it has enough value to pursue.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I was up to 4-5 bowls a day, then got COVID last September. When I got my sense of smell back, maybe 2-3 bowls a day. Then long COVID introduced itself, so 1 bowl a day. Irregular heartbeat - 2 bowls a week. Upper respiratory issues - snuffing until that goes away!

The worst part - decaf coffee and tea. I could say that at least I'm not breathing dirt, but ... snuff.

mostly weekends for me and then it's one with coffee and one later in the day. I maybe smoke one bowl 2-3 evenings during the week. I try to limit it due to risk factors but I would like to smoke every day 2-3 bowls. Note - Often I start a bowl one day and finish it on another. I try not to steam engine it and a larger bowl often lasts for more time than I can dedicate to it

AuroraSurrealis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2019
Finland
Usually 2 or 3 bowls per week. Recently I have consumed more Snus than smoked pipe due to all kind of hassle going on everyday life.

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
It is true the the amount of bowls smoked doesn't represent the amount of tobacco consumed. I smoke 3 to 12 bowls a day but the amount of tobacco is probably in line with 1 or 2 bowls of @ChasingEmbers bowls. ?

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
This thread has made me feel ever so much better. I was a 5 or 6 cigar a day guy, working from home, sitting outside on zoom calls can do that to you, with the habanos raping going on right now I'm back into pipes to mix my day up and right now im at a couple cigars a day and 3 or so pipes. I've really learned to slow down and enjoy the pipe, that problem with cigars is unless i'm smoking something vintage or special I'm just "smoking" with the pipe i slow it back down and enjoy the moment. So many benefits to the pipe for me.

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
0-3 bowls a day ...I can quit for months at the time no problem...usually evening pipes but if I am home enjoying the peace and a view into my forest and watching squirels I smoke during the day on my porch