PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I used to smoke about 8 to 10 pipes a day. Now I’m lucky to get 1 pipe in each day. Life circumstances change and will inevitably change your smoking habits. I’m going to be working from home soon so I imagine that number is going to go way up soon and then my dipping habit will go way down, I only dip when I can’t smoke.

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
Usually one a day but occasionally two; especially if I’ve got a new baccy that is interesting or if I am comparing one blend with another.
I’m happy to puff on a bowl until I’ve had my fun, then relight or dump it, depending on how I think the blend tastes further down the bowl.

If I’m on my holidays it can be three a day but that’s a rarity. One bowl a night works well for me. ??

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think I average out to about one bowl a day. Sometimes three, sometimes none. This fits my schedule. I tend not to smoke while doing something else, other than chatting on Forums. I do a lot of intermittent smoking, letting the pipe go out and coming back later, even overnight. If I smoke three or four bowls, I lose the subtleties of taste. I smoke a cigar about once a month, this year on the first of each month.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
It depends on what I'm doing.
I'm not a clencher so when I'm occupied I don't smoke. When at the laptop is when I smoke most regularly.
Probably from 5 to 8 bowls a day.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I'm a shirker!

Usually a bowl or part of one when I'm home for lunch during the week, but not every day and that will transition to evening as it gets warmer. Weekends, maybe one or two Sat./Sun., maybe none (had a pipe packed yesterday and it's still waiting for me today!). If we ever have spring and I can sit out on the deck that will become more certain. I learned my wife would just as soon I didn't smoke up the house, and although she doesn't complain, I'm now in the garage, lol, at lunch during the week and not sitting in the dining area on weekends smoking a pipe as I was during the winter. Road trip? Something is usually packed and ready.

If I was retired? I'd be out walking ala @jpmcwjr or riding ala @hoosierpipeguy and golfing with my pipe or able to have a lengthy, quiet morning outside sitting or walking or both and it would be Katy bar the door, lol.