PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I started smoking cigars and pipes at 15, I had lots of time on my hands, my main job at that point was manning a pay parking lot after school and all day on Saturday. I would get "You're too young for a pipe, it's for old men", "That smells good", "That stinks", to finally "Hey man, can I buy some pot."....because apparently a lot of people can't smell the difference. I had a wonderfully cultured clientele.
It still gets looks, not because I'm so young (but I'm in my prime damnit) but pipers are rare, although we do get quite a few in Gatlinburg and at my hotel.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I live in north LA and there ain’t any damn mountains! ?
You must mean L.A. nnnn
I live where LA county ends, my friend. What the unfortunate commuters to SF call "the grapevine." But yes, you're right, there are no mountains in LA, save for the gigantic pile of bovine feces at Spring St. & Temple (City Hall).

Lawyer66

Can't Leave
Nov 21, 2020
Grand Cayman
I am 26 and I purposely don't smoke around a lot of people because I live in the kind of place where smoking a pipe is akin to "putting on airs". It's ridiculous and I honestly enjoy slow smoking and tasting the flavor of my tobacco. Interestingly enough, I was discussing it with my s/o tonight. How I look at a pipe, in general, is like being the cherry on top of my fudge sundae (mood). If I am unhappy, there is no sundae, and nothing much to put the cherry on. So I try to enjoy my pipe in a way that isn't like smoking a cigarette, as I find rushing my smoke (or smoking on a dependent basis) kills the enjoyment. For me, it isn't a response to stress. It is a reward to myself for a good day and something to look forward to. I say that simply to explain my general way of going about the hobby.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Yesterday while driving, I stopped at a red light, and took the opportunity to relight my pipe (I think pipe smokers are some of the only people to look forward to a red light).

I look over to my left, and there's a cop in the left turn lane staring at me as I start puffing away. We had this weird moment where we were blankly looking at each other before the light turned green and I drove away. I think he was trying to decide if it was pot or not :ROFLMAO: