Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kgs

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2021
South Florida
I am 33. I first smoked a pipe in my early 20's, but only at home and only occasionally. I began smoking cigarettes in high school and I smoked them heavily until this past year. Now that I no longer smoke cigarettes I smoke my pipe as often as I can.

I have transitioned to pipe smoking during this pandemic and, consequently, I have not been around many people with my pipe. I smoke while driving and around my home and neighborhood. I haven't gotten many reactions. Nobody has said a thing to me. I think that a lot of people don't actually notice.

I feel a little shy about smoking my pipe, but I am addicted enough to do it anyways.

Reactions: lightxmyfire

brew

Lurker
Feb 18, 2016
I started when i was 14, I'm 44 now. I'm probably the youngest person who was in the The Universal Coterie of Pipe Smokers. it can get a bit tedious to have inane conversations,"is that a cherry blend", " is that weed". Ironically a lot of people think its some weird vape these days.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Hi everyone

So I am 36 and smoke a pipe. People find it hilarious and make fun of me but I love it.

Anyone else on here in their 30s that smoke pipes? If so what kind of reception do you get from people when they see you smoke from a pipe out and about?
I bought first pipe in my early 20s, am now in my mid 40s. There have been times in between I did not smoke, I don't think I got less odd stares or comments as a result though.
One of my favorite quotes for occasions like this I believe belongs to Winston Churchill:
"When you’re 20 you care what everyone thinks, when you’re 40 you stop caring what everyone thinks, when you’re 60 you realize no one was ever thinking about you in the first place."

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I bought first pipe in my early 20s, am now in my mid 40s. There have been times in between I did not smoke, I don't think I got less odd stares or comments as a result though.
One of my favorite quotes for occasions like this I believe belongs to Winston Churchill:
"When you’re 20 you care what everyone thinks, when you’re 40 you stop caring what everyone thinks, when you’re 60 you realize no one was ever thinking about you in the first place."
Absolutely.

Reactions: Ethan

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
While I agree with this in the main, I also think Winnie was being disingenuous. He always wanted people thinking about him, and made sure that they did.

One of the compensations for becoming a survivor is that you largely cease to care about what anyone else thinks of you. Live long enough and you eventually realize that people think whatever they've been programmed to think.

Reactions: Ethan