PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
SmokingPipes - Ireland

Danish Pipe Shop - Denmark

The Pipe Shop - Edinburgh

And last Google for UK Tobacconists....

Be sure when you scroll down you click ‘More places’.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I'm twice your age plus, but I can say this. A few eccentricities are a good thing, to give yourself a little social elbow room. People think they want you to be more like them, but if you were, they'd feel competitive and a little hostile. Whereas, if you have a decisive eccentricity or two, people may laugh, but they will remember you, and probably admire your independence. So you have the right attitude. Let them laugh. From time to time, something old school becomes a furious fad and trend, and then people will think you are clairvoyant. Leave 'em laughing, keep 'em guessing.
Excellent advice! Take heed youngsters.

brut666

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
In my thirty's as well. Don't really notice other people and what they may think. One of my friends has started because of me and another gifted me a couple of pipes from his dad's collection when he found out I smoked a pipe. I think the more important question is, do you care what others think? My wife calls me grandad and my kids take the piss out of me a bit but I wouldn't expect anything less from them ??

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Yeah I started pipe smoking 2 years ago then have just started taking it back up again.

I kind of stopped because I kept getting tonuge bite and the general reception I had was pretty negative when out and stuff but now I really don't care what people think anymore.

Smoke Cigarettes, Smoke Cigars, Sip a Pipe, equals less tongue bite.

Of course some blends you can puff on more, that just comes with experience, knowing those that you can.

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
I‘m early 40’s and I’ve been smoking for around a decade putting me then in my 30’s... I’ve got the odd comment, like “wow it’s usually only old people who smoke pipes”... But most don’t pay attention, and I’ve got some positive comments too.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I would assume, in the average stereotypical perception of people that pipes look a certain way, that they don’t consider/ponder the vast shapes.

I wonder if someone smoked a nice Rusticated Eltang Black Poker with Bamboo, what they might say/think, because to me, I’m going to assume that anyone that has an appreciation of the arts, or beauty, is going to find that Pipe interesting, and the same thing of any really interesting looking artistic pipes. :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hi everyone

So I am 36 and smoke a pipe. People find it hilarious and make fun of me but I love it.

Anyone else on here in their 30s that smoke pipes? If so what kind of reception do you get from people when they see you smoke from a pipe out and about?
I started when I was 17 and that was 29 years ago. I'm never seen out and about without one.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Hi everyone

So I am 36 and smoke a pipe. People find it hilarious and make fun of me but I love it.

Anyone else on here in their 30s that smoke pipes? If so what kind of reception do you get from people when they see you smoke from a pipe out and about?

I'm 30, I smoke pipe.. yep, people find it strange. So what though? Am I trying to make those people happy? Shit, I'm glad I'm not like those fools.

I'm the only person I've ever seen in real life smoking a pipe.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I suppose I am no longer technically a part of this group, as I turned 40 this past summer, but I still probably look young enough for some to think I'm in my 30s.

I don't really get a lot of weird looks, but I'm not really paying too much attention either. Generally, I get compliments more than anything, the usual people saying it smells great and reminds them of dad/uncle/grandpa/etc., and then from other guys my age who are also Brothers of the Leaf in some way or another (a couple of days ago, while walking the dogs with my wife, a guy having a cigar in the backyard with his daughter shouted "love the pipe!")

I am generally drawn towards eccentricities, I'm a bit of a contrarian when it comes to current trends, and as I like to say, I've never been "cool", and I'm ok with that.

fjc623

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2014
New York
i would‘t be to concerned with your age or what others though of pipe smoking. Everyone wears there own kind of hat see below a line from an old Merle Haggard song that says it all

Cowboys and outlaws and right guys and southpaws,
Good dogs and all kinds of cats.
Dirt roads and white lines and all kinds of stop signs,
But I stand right here were I'm at,
'Cause I wear My Own Kind of Hat.