PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Wet Dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2023
Littleton, CO
Today, for something a little different, knives used for piping. From top to bottom: my plug knife (not the most adequate for the job, but that's what I'm using for now); my pipe reamer (just an ordinary clam knife); and my general use pipe tool (after great efforts to have it clean and nice for this picture).

IMG_1653.jpeg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I carried today my custom shop Buck 110 knife, it's difficult to make it out in the photo, but the handle is blue. My wife got one too in the 112 model. We got these custom-made for ourselves as wedding gifts (it doubled as her something new and something blue).
As far as the pipe, I'm taking my Micah Cryder (Yeti pipe) "Serpentine blasted dublin-warden with strawberry briar" for its maiden voyage. Again, it isn't easy to make it out in the photo but the pipe is a gorgeous green.

Here is a link to Micah's website, he has much better photos of it than I do.
Currently, it is loaded with some Full Virginia Flake. View attachment 341526View attachment 341527
My friend Jim picked up a green Yeti at Vegas last weekend.. looking forward to checking it out in-person.

Reactions: Speak Easy

WirelessSmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2024
New England
Victorinox SAK Climber. Not necessarily my EDC knife, but it lives in my everyday pipe accessories pouch. Judging by the attached suspension clip, I probably did carry it at some point years ago. Recently assigned it to smoking duty and it's pretty handy to have around. I use the scissors on it more than any other tool. Pipe is a Crown Jewels billiard.

IMG_9101.jpg

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
Victorinox SAK Climber. Not necessarily my EDC knife, but it lives in my everyday pipe accessories pouch. Judging by the attached suspension clip, I probably did carry it at some point years ago. Recently assigned it to smoking duty and it's pretty handy to have around. I use the scissors on it more than any other tool. Pipe is a Crown Jewels billiard.

View attachment 342803

Always nice to have a few SAKs around, I’m fond of the alox models

WirelessSmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2024
New England
Always nice to have a few SAKs around, I’m fond of the alox models
Yes it sure is nice, their utility far outweighs the cost in my opinion. Though I don't really collect them much now, I keep several around in various packs or pouches etc. so there's usually one within reach. I like the look of the Alox as well, so I might find room for a Farmer or Farmer X at some point!