PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhintonca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Got this as an estate from Briar Blues!! It's become my goto pipe!!
Savinelli677KS.jpg

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Recent estate purchase is this Savinelli 120th Anniversary pipe.
120th_5.jpg

120th_7.jpg

Savinelli Alligator 140 KS
savvv1.jpg

Savinelli Churchwarden
savvv2.jpg

philm68

Lurker
Apr 22, 2014
2ZgFQiW.jpg

cGrwGt6.jpg

Got these off ebay last week. $65 shipped for the pair. Just oxidized stems and little wear. Still haven't taken any pics

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Gorgeous pipes guys! Now that everything is settled with retirement and the checks are coming in on a regular monthly basis my PAD/TAD has increased quite a bit I've amassed 5 in 4 months. I wish I knew how to post pics, I am handicapped because of an injury not a problem, but the technology handicap sucks. I have an I-pad! :?:

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
I have 4 or 5, this is my favorite. It was a gift from my wonderful wife! A rusticated Bing, what a workhorse. It often travels with me...

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Savinelli Oscar Elite (top):
Interesting note ... this came with a ghost that reminded me so much of a family friend

from childhood that I left it!
p1010007-600x505.jpg

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
The second of the twins just arrived! I like the Punto Oro line and found the sandblasted 207 as an estate awhile back. It just looked lonely sitting there so I ordered the smooth finish new from Smoking Pipes just this week.
Image-1.jpg

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Joeray -- I have one almost identical to the lower one in your first photo. Do you know the style no.? Mine is so old. The front edge is charred away a bit, and I had the stem replaced a while back, but I love that pipe. Just something distinct about how it smokes compared to my other Savs. Wish I knew the shape number, though.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I have 5 or 6 Savinelli pipes. They always perform wonderfully. Photos:
Savinelli Auotgraph grade 6

Savinelli 120 anni

Savinelli Autograph grade 6

Savinelli Autograph grade 8

Savinelli Giubileo D'Oro

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There's one of them in my avatar, a Sav churchwarden 601. Others include a Dublin/zulu unfinished from the 1980s,

a straight saddle stem unfinished panel billiard from the April pipe show (TAPS), an unfinished straight tapered stem

billiard second basket pipe by Sav from the 1980s, and an Oscar Lucite slightly bent prince. All great pipes, none

with the balsa filter. Am currently smoking the Dubiin/zulu 404, maybe my all time favorite Savenelli shape.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
My Sistina 320. As we'd expect with a Savinelli, it's a great smoker. And quite the looker too, in my opinion.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have only traded off one Savenelli, a bulldog with a balsa filter/adaptor and no bead line, that just looked

too shapeless and that seemed to give off a taste from the adaptor. It was probably a good pipe, just not

for me. I think that is the glory of Savenellis, that they are reliable and dependably good pipes, so you can

recommend them to anyone in good faith. One of mine, the straight billiard, I bought as a basket pipe more

than 30 years ago at my local independent B&M, and it smokes a little better today. At whatever price level,

they are excellent pipes, and thoughtfully designed.

i8ball

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2014
just picked up my first savinelli and my local pipe store gave me a free tin to go with it :) super stoked

savinelli_frist_one_by_i_8ball-d83x5q2.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Everybody's got a Bing's Favorite so I ordered a Clark's Favorite just to be different. ( I still want a Bing's)

It's a nice pipe to sit down and sip a quality tobacco.
new%20sav_zpszwlfneft.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.