May 29, 2011
Savinelli Autograph 5

SavinelliAutograph6-1.jpg

Bing's Favorite

6CFA1BAA-2762-4D83-8B15-B36C476014EC-4150-000003DBB04FC440_zps30817d33.jpg

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
My Da Vinci Bombard. I also have it's all black brother but don't have picture of it yet.

And with all the talk about the new leather bound pipes, I picked up one of their old derby ones of the bay. It's in transit but looking forward to trying it.

I just have some production Savinellis, but I am just in love with those Italian gentle curves.
clark.jpg

My sexy Clark. This is the one I smoke when I am kicked back watching some old movies with my sweetheart.
piumas.jpg

My first pipe was the Dublin. It's still my goto pipe. I smoked it twelve times a day as I was breaking away from cigarettes. The natural Piuma was actually a lacquered brown, but I choo choo'd the heck out of it, and bubbled the surface. So, I stripped it and coated it in bees wax, and it has been slowly darkening naturally. It is my favorite Virginia burner. The red apple is my G&H lakeland burner, the perfect size for slowly sipping the rose-geranium scented flakes. The Piumas are small, but I can stretch a bowl into a 45 minute to an hour smoke. They are perfect for my commute to and from work.
oscar-tiger.jpg

My Oscar Tiger, grrrrrr... An awesome smoker. I sometimes will have this one hanging off my lip for half the day while I work at my jeweler's bench.
dry-system.jpg

My 1968 and 1972 Savinelli Dry System (Peterson look alikes). They have (had) the p-lip, drip chamber, plus the balsa insert. I started collecting these a few months ago, and I have three more in the que waiting for me to restore-customize them. I hate the p-lip (chars the roof of my mouth), so I have been grinding them off, and I ground down the chamber lip to the bare wood and polished with bees wax. I love the look, very regal, IMO.

I am not into collecting for resale, and I plan on being buried with these pipes, LOL. So, I just have me to please. Therefore, I have no qualms with making them suit my smoking needs. I am not sure if these were ever marketed in the US. I've gotten three of these from Greece, and the one that I got from inside the US seemed to have been from a hoarder. The "S" on the stems was lost in restoring the stems back to black. But, I'm not heart broken.
Those are my favorite "finished" Savinellis. I have a whole box that I am working on customizing.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Very Nice pipes here guys, you just can not beat a Savinelli for price or value. Wish i had more Savs.
Mike.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Savinelli Linea Artisan & Savinelli Freehand
coll3.jpg

adding to those will be a Savinelli (S in Shield) Smooth Billiard, Sherwood Bent Billiard, Savinelli Roma 114KS Lovat and Savinelli Saturnia.
coll1.jpg

Last purchase is a Savinelli Trevi
Savinelli_Trevi_616KS_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.