PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
The 9Bs! I went for a pretty normal dark looking smooth and very happy with it. I've never had a black pipe, never thought I'd like them but seeing some of the interesting blasts available I decided to order one on "spec" - I really like the gnarly look of it, so it is a keeper. Not pictured is the 9s that came recently. Some have commented on the differences in the bowl to shank on the 9s, for example. This has a more slender shank, but it's not slim by any means. The 9s really feels more like a taller 01 to me and the end of my thumb sticks up over the bowl (no problem and I like it fine) - on the 9B it crooks down and around a bit and is a more natural fit for my anatomy, but hardly "svelte" - I like the transition. The 9B is now up there tied with the 4AB and No. 68 as my favorite shapes.

BC0D1BFD-A40D-478A-966D-216206AE51B2.jpeg

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
The 9Bs! I went for a pretty normal dark looking smooth and very happy with it. I've never had a black pipe, never thought I'd like them but seeing some of the interesting blasts available I decided to order one on "spec" - I really like the gnarly look of it, so it is a keeper. Not pictured is the 9s that came recently. Some have commented on the differences in the bowl to shank on the 9s, for example. This has a more slender shank, but it's not slim by any means. The 9s really feels more like a taller 01 to me and the end of my thumb sticks up over the bowl (no problem and I like it fine) - on the 9B it crooks down and around a bit and is a more natural fit for my anatomy, but hardly "svelte" - I like the transition. The 9B is now up there tied with the 4AB and No. 68 as my favorite shapes.

View attachment 220940
Great looking pair, you got a good looking blast on that one.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Here are the four pipes I recent got which cost the same amount as the rest of my collection. You guys are such bad influences and I love you for it.

signal-2023-05-11-210613_002.jpeg

The only sad part is that someone shaved the bottom of my pub pipe! I let the culprit reveal himself if he so chooses as I don't want him to be mobbed by the CPG gang.

signal-2023-05-11-210613_003.jpeg

Obviously I'm joking but the real heart breaker is that this Irish Second pub pipe's flaw is a nearly complete blockade of the draft hole around where the P is. Drawing from it is like drawing from the most tightly packed pipe, except that it's completely empty. I'm planning to reach out to SPE since I wouldn't call this a "fully functional, eminently smokeable" pipe.

signal-2023-05-11-210613_014.jpeg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Here are the four pipes I recent got which cost the same amount as the rest of my collection. You guys are such bad influences and I love you for it.

View attachment 221207

The only sad part is that someone shaved the bottom of my pub pipe! I let the culprit reveal himself if he so chooses as I don't want him to be mobbed by the CPG gang.

View attachment 221208

Obviously I'm joking but the real heart breaker is that this Irish Second pub pipe's flaw is a nearly complete blockade of the draft hole around where the P is. Drawing from it is like drawing from the most tightly packed pipe, except that it's completely empty. I'm planning to reach out to SPE since I wouldn't call this a "fully functional, eminently smokeable" pipe.

View attachment 221211
Yeah, no way they should sell a seconds pub pipe-seconds or not-with a non-functional stem.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I may or may not have had something to do with seating that pub pipe... Sorry I didn't notice the blocked stem, I'll test smoke the next one. 😉

Once upon a time when I made my living as a motorcycle mechanic, in my younger days. It was shop policy that the technician that worked on the bike had to test ride it at highway speeds before the customer was allowed to pick the bike up. It was cheap insurance, techs were less likely to cut corners if it meant there life was the first one on the line. It showed the customer that we were confident in our work. It also meant that I spent a large portion of my day riding brand new HD's. 😎 I may adopt policy with pipes, If I work on it, I smoke it before sending it back. :LOL:

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Here’s a nice new Limerick 01S. It was stamped by someone who enjoyed a “working” lunch, then staggered back to work

You’ll notice the super fancy plastic bag pipe sleeve. It’s funny, that’s probably the only pipe sleeve I’ll keep. I toss or give away the rest.

View attachment 218227
View attachment 218230View attachment 218231
My 2nd Pete, bought in 1990. Smoked it quite a bit back in the day. It’s one of my favorite pipes. It’s dedicated to Kajun Kake nowadays…

EC0E8CB6-96C6-43D3-975A-F0B8EA86B1BD.jpeg02335D6A-41E9-437E-83CA-FBEFB15DDAA8.jpeg

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
System Deluxe Straight Billiard? 🤔 Don’t mind if I do… I’ve had this Craftsman Series 2015 November billiard since, well 2015. I’ve never been wild about the green stem though. So today decided to cut a new stem for it. Used a premolded P-lip saddle. I think it looks way better now. Since it’s an army mount I can always put the original back on any time want.IMG_6683.jpegIMG_6684.jpegIMG_6685.jpegIMG_6686.jpegIMG_6693.jpeg