2 Fresh Nanna Ivarsson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
When you compare them side by side I am guessing older one has thicker shank and thicker bowl walls?They are close ...
it also looks like the angle between shank and bowl is sharper comparing to more rounded angle on a recent edition.Both are nice pipes....Enjoy!!
The shank minor diameter of the 9BC .93” while the 9B is .86”. The shank angle in relation to the rim is identical on both pipes but the back of the bowl is cut at a greater angle in relation to stem on the 9B.

Wall thickness is a bit tougher, the 9Bc is roughly 80 years old and well caked up so it’s tough to get an accurate measurement there. While the 9B has been smoked once and has no cake.
A cursory glance would say they are similar though.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
That's a really, really nice blast. :)
I was on my phone, flipping through the pics to choose one (late that night) and fortunately I found it pretty quickly and didn't have to look at all of them. It looked pretty good to me.

Odd thing though, it came with tarnish on the silver already... ? Seems rather odd to me.

Reactions: Nevaditude

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I was on my phone, flipping through the pics to choose one (late that night) and fortunately I found it pretty quickly and didn't have to look at all of them. It looked pretty good to me.

Odd thing though, it came with tarnish on the silver already... ? Seems rather odd to me.
They don’t polish the silver. I’ve had plenty arrive tarnished