7bbGCtH.jpg

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
All my Petersons.

View attachment 52044

Left, top to bottom:
System Standard 309 (estate; my first Peterson)
System 31
Army mount Dracula 05
Sherlock Holmes Dark Smooth Baskerville
Newgrange Spigot 01

Right:
Summertime 2016 150
Summertime 2016 B10
Irish Made Army 101
Barrel
Christmas 2020 999
I’ve been digging on the Newgrange line for quite a while, without actually owning one. How’s the quality of construction and smoking on yours?

Reactions: danimalia and BROBS

kilroyjune6

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2016
I’ve been digging on the Newgrange line for quite a while, without actually owning one. How’s the quality of construction and smoking on yours?
It's fantastic. The finish is well done, and the fit between the stem and the shank is superb. It smokes great. Easily one of my favorites. My personal spending limit is $150 per pipe, and I've only exceeded it twice: once for a Dunhill that was under $200, and once for the Newgrange. It was totally worth it.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
It's fantastic. The finish is well done, and the fit between the stem and the shank is superb. It smokes great. Easily one of my favorites. My personal spending limit is $150 per pipe, and I've only exceeded it twice: once for a Dunhill that was under $200, and once for the Newgrange. It was totally worth it.
Good to know as we're coming into an unexpected wad of cash and I have my eyes set on 1. Just when I'm convinced I no longer want anymore pipes, unexpected $ drops in our laps and I immediately start thinking of buying a pipe. Guess that's a good problem to have.;)

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
Finally, my first Peterson pipe. I had sworn I wouldn't get one because of many complaints and poor quality check but I was lucky enough to get a decent piece without any failures.
Sherlock Holmes Le Strade with P-lip.
I thought it would be a little smaller but it turned out to be a giant, chamber size is 21x38mm. Love the shape, draw is perfect and it looks cool too. The bowl is pre-coated and is breaking in surprisingly fast. I will use it for Virginia/Burley blends.peterson_sherlock_holmes_le_strade_dark_lip_6.jpeg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Finally, my first Peterson pipe. I had sworn I wouldn't get one because of many complaints and poor quality check but I was lucky enough to get a decent piece without any failures.
Sherlock Holmes Le Strade with P-lip.
I thought it would be a little smaller but it turned out to be a giant, chamber size is 21x38mm. Love the shape, draw is perfect and it looks cool too. The bowl is pre-coated and is breaking in surprisingly fast. I will use it for Virginia/Burley blends.View attachment 60799
One of my favorite Peterson shapes. I own one in the Kinsale line. As to the pre-coating, I recently bought 2 very newly made Petes which had that coating. No problems with it. Didn't get gooey when smoked. The only way it may have affected the taste was to impart a very subtle sweet taste, a bit like honey in flavor which I liked.

Reactions: danimalia