PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Here are the four pipes I recent got which cost the same amount as the rest of my collection. You guys are such bad influences and I love you for it.

View attachment 221207

The only sad part is that someone shaved the bottom of my pub pipe! I let the culprit reveal himself if he so chooses as I don't want him to be mobbed by the CPG gang.

View attachment 221208

Obviously I'm joking but the real heart breaker is that this Irish Second pub pipe's flaw is a nearly complete blockade of the draft hole around where the P is. Drawing from it is like drawing from the most tightly packed pipe, except that it's completely empty. I'm planning to reach out to SPE since I wouldn't call this a "fully functional, eminently smokeable" pipe.

View attachment 221211
That is a nice collection there...do you know that House pipe and 14b stems are exchangeble?You can smoke a house pipe with tapered bit and 14b with saddle bit...

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
That is a nice collection there...do you know that House pipe and 14b stems are exchangeble?You can smoke a house pipe with tapered bit and 14b with saddle bit...
I didn't but that's definitely a plus! I prefer the tapered stem and I think the house would look good with one. I know the bend would be off but I likely wouldn't be clenching it.

jakesmokes

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
Michigan
I didn't but that's definitely a plus! I prefer the tapered stem and I think the house would look good with one. I know the bend would be off but I likely wouldn't be clenching it.
Great tip @NC TX ID pipeman! Had to try it for myself! It seems like it will work very well and clenches great. My original house pipe stem has to tight of a draw and this fixed the problem. Next time I have a spare 3 hrs… IMG_5539.jpeg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Sign up was for a limited time, it’s come and gone. The updates for stuff like that is usually all the way at the bottom of the blog post.
Correct. I received my confirmation email from PPN on April 9th. There's only 90 pipes available. I'm looking forward to this years PPN CPG pipe.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
Love my Pete's. Here's mine.
Rosslare Spigot:
pete-ross-spigot.jpg

Peterson 106S Sterling Spigot:
pete-spigot1-600x437.jpg

Rosslare Royal 106:
ross.jpg

Peterson Meer:
pete-meer2-600x442.jpg

Aran Canadian:
peterson_aran_canadian-600x382.jpg
That Peterson meer is unique and awesome!

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Correct. I received my confirmation email from PPN on April 9th. There's only 90 pipes available. I'm looking forward to this years PPN CPG pipe.
It Looks like it got bumped up to 120.
PPGCPG2023.png
Will the 2023 PPN have a tapered stem?
Yes, it will. It looks like it's going to be a System Deluxe 4AB with a John Bull Stem.
Oh dang, I signed up but never had a confirmation email. Guess I was too late 😭
Look for an email from Google Sheets confirming your response.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Finally landed a Twain (1984) for a reasonable price since it went under the radar. Stem needs to be refreshed, the stummel has a bunch of the micro-dings that come with an old pipe, and there’s just a touch of rim char near the stem side of the top of the bowl. Otherwise pretty nice. If anyone's got a 1988 and wants a 1984, let me know!

Also, anyone have thoughts on trying to "paint" or fill in the P logo so that it’s white like the stem was originally? What's your view on what things things should be done to restore a pipe and what things should be avoided?

signal-2023-06-07-134446_002.jpeg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Finally landed a Twain (1984) for a reasonable price since it went under the radar. Stem needs to be refreshed, the stummel has a bunch of the micro-dings that come with an old pipe, and there’s just a touch of rim char near the stem side of the top of the bowl. Otherwise pretty nice. If anyone's got a 1988 and wants a 1984, let me know!

Also, anyone have thoughts on trying to "paint" or fill in the P logo so that it’s white like the stem was originally? What's your view on what things things should be done to restore a pipe and what things should be avoided?

View attachment 226429
That’s a Twain. If you want white use Hard as Nails nail polish, I wouldn’t go white.

I’d use this. It’s fantastic.

76C1DCEE-EE45-4E32-AD70-6A76441A70FB.jpeg

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)

View attachment 226429
Well done bro! How much do these go for these days anyways?