New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Well in less than two weeks I went from 0 Republic era pipes to 3 🤦‍♂️. I’ve made no secret about the 9 being one of my favorite shapes, I’m on a mission to get all the various configurations of the 9. I can check one of them off my list now. The System Standard XL307, this mid to late Republic ought to clean up nicely. I really like the stem on this one, the flare is very low slung in relation to the shank cap giving it a fuller look. I’ll post more pics one it shows up and I get it all cleaned up.
IMG_6914.jpeg

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Well in less than two weeks I went from 0 Republic era pipes to 3 🤦‍♂️. I’ve made no secret about the 9 being one of my favorite shapes, I’m on a mission to get all the various configurations of the 9. I can check one of them off my list now. The System Standard XL307, this mid to late Republic ought to clean up nicely. I really like the stem on this one, the flare is very low slung in relation to the shank cap giving it a fuller look. I’ll post more pics one it shows up and I get it all cleaned up.
View attachment 228586
I just might be "watching" some of the same pipes you're purchasing...
They always go for "less" when I don't bid, and "more" when I do. Go figure.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I need to stop looking for goodies I don't need...
Already signed up for the Pete Geek pipe to add to my 20 or so various Petes I already have. Some I'm saving new to give to myself in the future whenever I feel like it. That one will join them.
I've yet to see Mark post info on exactly what pipe it is you'd get, only info on "pieces" of it. So, it seemed to be a bit of a "pig in the poke" to sign up to buy a pipe that you have not even seen yet.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I've yet to see Mark post info on exactly what pipe it is you'd get, only info on "pieces" of it. So, it seemed to be a bit of a "pig in the poke" to sign up to buy a pipe that you have not even seen yet.
I posted a pic of a pretty specific drawing I pulled off his page, so not just pieces - having signed up, you have no obligation to buy so no element of risk at all, just reserving a pipe if you decide you want one.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I felt I had enough information, current and of previous editions, to feel confident I would appreciate a limited edition (stamped, anyway) Peterson pipe. And as stated, they get sold due to demand beyond the initial request and run.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Got my XL307 cleaned up today. It was in nearly flawless shape but it was absolutely filthy. The previous owner had kept the cake very nearly trimmed and very even but the well was nearly full of gunk. This leads me to believe it was a great smoker and will continue to be so. I did a salt treatment on it to get the ghost out of the cake but only trimmed the cake up. It was to beautifully caked to ream back to bare wood. I used a little carbon off on the rim to get rid of the lava. This was otherwise a standard clean up.
IMG_6914.jpegIMG_6934.jpegIMG_6935.jpegIMG_6936.jpegIMG_6939.jpegIMG_6940.jpegIMG_6941.jpegIMG_6945.jpeg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
This trio of 9’s makes my heart beat fast…🥰

Top > Bottom
Pre-Republic 9BC Shamrock
Mid-Republic XL307 System Standard
2023 Revival 9B Deluxe System
View attachment 229327
This is a great comparison to see the various versions of the 9 shape. I think I would rank the shapes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from top to bottom, respectively. Before seeing this picture I thought the 9BC was clearly better than the modern 9 but side by side they are closer than I would’ve thought.