PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
My last Pete, it's marked Peterson's "DUBLIN" XL02. Both the rim and band are also stamped PETERSON DUBLIN and the there are three hallmarks in a row, the first seems to be Hibernia, the second is a large 925 and the third is a smaller 925 in the middle of a scale. No letter to give a clue to date but I've read Peterson hallmarking was sketchy 1938-1969 and I feel this is from the 1950's-60's.

View attachment 295165
Great looking pipe.

The .925 stamp started in 2003 if Im not mistaken.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
It can't be post 2000 because I purchased it as a well used estate in 1998.

It is stamped "Made In The Republic Of Ireland".
Then it's somewhere in the 80's. For sure post 1950, but like I said they didn't start using metal inlaid P's in the stems until the early 80's.

The Republic era is 1950-89, so your pipe is likely 1980-89

Reactions: Nevaditude

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
My last Pete, it's marked Peterson's "DUBLIN" XL02. Both the rim and band are also stamped PETERSON DUBLIN and the there are three hallmarks in a row, the first seems to be Hibernia, the second is a large 925 and the third is a smaller 925 in the middle of a scale. No letter to give a clue to date but I've read Peterson hallmarking was sketchy 1938-1969 and I feel this is from the 1950's-60's.

View attachment 295165
I said that I'd only buy 10 to my daughters. I'm 100 in now. Most of them are Pete's. I should go see a therapist as I do think I have some weird compulsion. Lol

Nevaditude

Can't Leave
Apr 5, 2022
Northern Nevada
Happy Saint Patrick's Day! puffy Funny how things go sometimes... I ordered this Pete SPD /B42 Heritage on 17 January from Dublin. It vanished off of AN Post on 23 January. Radio Silence..had actually notified Peterson and they set another pipe aside as we wait the 12 weeks to determine it is truly gone. SO, I was stunned & pleased that it arrived here today on St.Paddy's Day. :sher: Just enjoyed the inaugural pipe in it of an Irish Whiskey blend. Was an outstanding smoke. oh, yeah.. I think I will still get that other pipe I asked them to set aside... I know, I know... YOU could resist, but not I... craybe wellSPD:B42.png

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Happy Saint Patrick's Day! puffy Funny how things go sometimes... I ordered this Pete SPD /B42 Heritage on 17 January from Dublin. It vanished off of AN Post on 23 January. Radio Silence..had actually notified Peterson and they set another pipe aside as we wait the 12 weeks to determine it is truly gone. SO, I was stunned & pleased that it arrived here today on St.Paddy's Day. :sher: Just enjoyed the inaugural pipe in it of an Irish Whiskey blend. Was an outstanding smoke. oh, yeah.. I think I will still get that other pipe I asked them to set aside... I know, I know... YOU could resist, but not I... craybe wellView attachment 296012
That's cool. But my calendar says SPD is Sunday 17th. You a time traveler?

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Happy Saint Patrick's Day! puffy Funny how things go sometimes... I ordered this Pete SPD /B42 Heritage on 17 January from Dublin. It vanished off of AN Post on 23 January. Radio Silence..had actually notified Peterson and they set another pipe aside as we wait the 12 weeks to determine it is truly gone. SO, I was stunned & pleased that it arrived here today on St.Paddy's Day. :sher: Just enjoyed the inaugural pipe in it of an Irish Whiskey blend. Was an outstanding smoke. oh, yeah.. I think I will still get that other pipe I asked them to set aside... I know, I know... YOU could resist, but not I... craybe wellView attachment 296012
I am the time traveler as I live a day in front of just about everyone and it’s still not St Paddy’s Day here even though I had a pint of the dark ale yesterday. That aside, great service from Peterson and what a lovely B42, love the chamber size on the 42.

also means you get to celebrate twice now 🤣

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
I'm waiting for a Peterson that has gone radio silent with An Post as well but not nearly for as long. I'm however also waiting for a parcel to return to me that I sent to smokingpipes.eu with 14 pipes that I might sell to them that never got delivered. Both me and SPE had contact with An Post several times but they messed up at every turn. That experience is making me more worried about the Peterson pipe I'm waiting for since they clearly have problems.

Anyway, enough of my whining, congrats on your new pipe! :)

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Then it's somewhere in the 80's. For sure post 1950, but like I said they didn't start using metal inlaid P's in the stems until the early 80's.

The Republic era is 1950-89, so your pipe is likely 1980-89
Those .925 could be the euro convention hallmarks.

On a random aside. I’m trying to remember if I have seen 925 haphazardly stamped on a Pete band like this before

70D062E4-825C-4BFE-AB48-F67AB0EB4533.jpeg