Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Enjoy !!!! THAT will be a GREAT pipe. A month ago, I was looking at the European site for SP and I put an affordable rusticated house pipe like that (no silver cap) in my basket. The straight house don't appear too often.

As I had been drinking coffee at the b'fast table for an hour, i got up go use the restroom, came back, looked for one more pipe.

GONE ! It was in my cart for less than 5 minutes & someone bought it while I looked for another pipe.:( Lesson learned, know what ya like and be prepared to move on it when it appears puffy be well...View attachment 293738
My man, there are 2 on the US SPC site right now for $171.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Also, I love my Petersons, but am particular about the shapes, finishes, and designs. Some speak to me, others look like a rabid beaver with a large tounge depresser went to work that day.

Hey Laudis and Peterson, release different colored swirl stems, like the Dracula series so the people can rejoice. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Also, I love my Petersons, but am particular about the shapes, finishes, and designs. Some speak to me, others look like a rabid beaver with a large tounge depresser went to work that day.

Hey Laudis and Peterson, release different colored swirl stems, like the Dracula series so the people can rejoice. Thanks in advance.
At this point I'd kill for more than a couple of smooth Draculas a year. Been looking for a smooth 150 for what feels like years now.

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Glad to see you got a Dracula System! Was that the one an Italian store on eBay?
It did come from Italy and they have a shop on ebay but I bought it directly from them, Tabacheria Marini I think. Showed up much faster than a different store I ordered from in Italy as these guys used FedEx and the other shop used Italian Post. I'm hoping to get my other four Pete's in this week.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
My last Pete, it's marked Peterson's "DUBLIN" XL02. Both the rim and band are also stamped PETERSON DUBLIN and the there are three hallmarks in a row, the first seems to be Hibernia, the second is a large 925 and the third is a smaller 925 in the middle of a scale. No letter to give a clue to date but I've read Peterson hallmarking was sketchy 1938-1969 and I feel this is from the 1950's-60's.

IMG_4153.JPG

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
My last Pete, it's marked Peterson's "DUBLIN" XL02. Both the rim and band are also stamped PETERSON DUBLIN and the there are three hallmarks in a row, the first seems to be Hibernia, the second is a large 925 and the third is a smaller 925 in the middle of a scale. No letter to give a clue to date but I've read Peterson hallmarking was sketchy 1938-1969 and I feel this is from the 1950's-60's.

View attachment 295165
This is a great looking pipe.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks

View attachment 295165
Its modern, most likely post 2000. It likely has the year hallmark somewhere on either the band or cap. The metal inlaid P in the stem is a fairly recent thing, started in the early 80's I believe. If it were made before 1989ish it would say Made In The Republic Of Ireland or Made In The Rep of Ireland.