PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Another one fresh from SP EU, a Sandblasted Black Spigot 107. Scored during the IPSD sale as a “smoked, but rather clean” estate for $110! I had an estate spigot that I sold off on the forums a few years back and I’ve always slightly regretted it, but now I finally have another. I am almost never keen on black “tuxedo” pipes, but the copious silver accenting all the black was too much to resist.

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I’m delving back into English/Oriental blends. Recently, I grabbed a tin can of L.J. Peretti’s Tashkent which I definitely remember enjoying when I smoked it in the past. So I figured I needed a pipe to dedicate, as IMHO English /Oriental smokes best in briar at least for me.

Well, I grabbed this low cost Peterson off one of our sponsors. Criteria for the my selection was:
1. Peterson bent, preferably P-lip
2. Briar
3. Rusticated
4. Reasonably priced

I think this checks all the boxes & looking forward to paring it with the Tashkent for later evening opportunities or whenever.☕

IMG_3266.jpeg

Last edited:

DrBryant

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2024
Houston, TX
2. Briar
3. Rusticated
4. Reasonably priced

I had a similar list. I started thinking I needed a Peterson rusticated and wanted another system pipe to run English blends through. Really fell in love with this 302 on SPC. Seen here with GLP Quiet Nights. It smokes real fine right out of the box too.

IMG_1731.jpeg

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
I had a similar list. I started thinking I needed a Peterson rusticated and wanted another system pipe to run English blends through. Really fell in love with this 302 on SPC. Seen here with GLP Quiet Nights. It smokes real fine right out of the box too.

View attachment 292983
Nice one!

Some months ago it would be among the last things I would imagine but the new Peterson rustication has grown on me enough that I plan on buying one.

DrBryant

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2024
Houston, TX
Some months ago it would be among the last things I would imagine but the new Peterson rustication has grown on me enough that I plan on buying one.
I'd say buying any rusticated, I'd really have to see the exact pipe. Whereas for a smooth, I'm fine ordering from 4noggins etc. They can be hit or miss like this 303, seems like the bowl was cut short.

pete303.jpg

I do feel like Peterson is getting better at their rustication! There are some Derry's on SPC right now that look amazing, and @sparker69 there is looking good. The 68 is a great shape.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I’m delving back into English/Oriental blends. Recently, I grabbed a tin can of L.J. Peretti’s Tashkent which I definitely remember enjoying when I smoked it in the past. So I figured I needed a pipe to dedicate, as IMHO English /Oriental smokes best in briar at least for me.

Well, I grabbed this low cost Peterson off one of our sponsors. Criteria for the my selection was:
2. Briar
3. Rusticated
4. Reasonably priced

I think this checks all the boxes & looking forward to paring it with the Tashkent for later evening opportunities or whenever.☕

View attachment 292831

View attachment 292983
Did I already show my latest? A Peterson 68 Derry - entering the world of curved pipes.View attachment 292991
Yeah, rusticated gang coming on strong. We like beavers, we like pine cones!

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
I'd say buying any rusticated, I'd really have to see the exact pipe. Whereas for a smooth, I'm fine ordering from 4noggins etc. They can be hit or miss like this 303, seems like the bowl was cut short.

View attachment 292993

I do feel like Peterson is getting better at their rustication! There are some Derry's on SPC right now that look amazing, and @sparker69 there is looking good. The 68 is a great shape.
Yeah, I'm just waiting for the right shape and rustication that clicks with me to show up on smokingpipes.eu. Probably one of the classic system shapes.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
So my one and only Peterson showed up in the mail today! School me a bit. It’s a 1978 417 Donegal Rocky, which I understand to be a Long Dublin. I haven’t seen too many 417’s. I actually flipped through every page of this thread the other day and saw maybe 2.

How does the stem remove from stummel?

Thanks for any help!3169D976-D158-449E-9CA5-6F5DC3BBD69A.jpegFE055157-AD54-4615-8427-222A59224234.jpeg7E22E8DE-51E6-4A4E-A81D-5437BDB4A27B.jpeg

Last edited:

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
So my one and only Peterson showed up in the mail today! School me a bit. It’s a 417 Donegal Rocky, which I understand to be a Long Dublin. I haven’t seen too many 417’s. I actually flipped through every page of this thread the other day and saw maybe 2.
How does the stem remove from stummel?
And the hallmarks are pretty worn but I’d like to try and get a mfg date. I know the Republic of Ireland are 1949 forward.

Thanks for any help!View attachment 293393View attachment 293394View attachment 293395
Nice pipe!

My best guess would be 1978. Hallmarks - https://petersonpipenotes.org/hallmarks/