PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Christmas 2023 XL02 Irish Second that just came in from SP EU. The shape is everything I thought it would be and more. Really lovely looking pipe that feels fantastic in the hand. The flaw became pretty readily apparent upon unboxing. It appears to be a clean nick with a saw blade and not a crack. It wasn’t visible in the pictures online, unfortunately. A bit more damage than I would have liked, if I’m being honest, but I don’t think it will affect the smoking too much. Hopefully…

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0613.jpeg

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
Christmas 2023 XL02 Irish Second that just came in from SP EU. The shape is everything I thought it would be and more. Really lovely looking pipe that feels fantastic in the hand. The flaw became pretty readily apparent upon unboxing. It appears to be a clean nick with a saw blade and not a crack. It wasn’t visible in the pictures online, unfortunately. A bit more damage than I would have liked, if I’m being honest, but I don’t think it will affect the smoking too much. Hopefully…

View attachment 291704

View attachment 291705
I have looked at some of the irish seconds and considered buying but I never did since it is a bit of a crapshoot what the flaw is since you can rarely see them on the photographs.

Nice pipe though, since you are happy with the shape, look and feel of it I'm sure it was a nice catch for you in the end. :)

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Finally glad to see you showing your goodies on this thread 😍

Edit: why do I always sound like a perv when I reply to you 🫣
Well here you go then…

346E818C-15CF-43A8-91E8-5BFA63663F3C.jpeg

The 03 with the silver wind cap is pretty much all I smoke these days as I’m still working my way through the Lenten season.

The 999 silver capped spigot is a flame grain, and the 01 (fugly shape) is a silver capped natural.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Well here you go then…

View attachment 291719

The 03 with the silver wind cap is pretty much all I smoke these days as I’m still working my way through the Lenten season.

The 999 silver capped spigot is a flame grain, and the 01 (fugly shape) is a silver capped natural.
Holy hell that 03 is something else. That’s my favorite of their spigot styles, where the stem silver is just straight and clean. She’s a beauty 😍

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Well here you go then…

View attachment 291719

Holy hell that 03 is something else. That’s my favorite of their spigot styles, where the stem silver is just straight and clean. She’s a beauty 😍
It’s the second 03 I have. The shape has completely changed the frequency in which I smoke petes. I love them
I’m smoking this XL02 for the first time and it’s probably the most comfortable pipe I’ve ever owned. Fantastic shape. I thought this was an 03 when I bought it since they don’t list the shape or stamping on the 2nds.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Well here you go then…

View attachment 291719

Yep, put me on the offender list now that I’ve seen those hotties 🥵

Also is it a Christian thing that you’re just smoking one pipe for that time (serious question; no offense intended)?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Yep, put me on the offender list now that I’ve seen those hotties 🥵

Also is it a Christian thing that you’re just smoking one pipe for that time (serious question; no offense intended)?
Haha nah I just decided to do it for Pete’s sake.

But it has made me realise how content I would be with just a fistful of briars. It took about a week to get over the idea of not smoking my other pipes