Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
That's the first time I've heard anyone speak negatively about HU. Thanks for telling me.
It is a good blend. But being in the US, its a bit of a hassle. Is it my favorite english/balkan blends? I would say for my palate there are better and more readily available blends.

As far as the HU blanket statement, it might have been a bit harsh. I have and tried Fayyum and Tuarekh.

PipeGarGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2022
Thanks Embers! I started working on the stems. The cracked on broke off when I ran a pipe cleaner through it. It looks like broken glass.06264340-C024-4731-9C5A-49ECA410E174.jpeg I also soaked the two stems in lemon juice but it didn’t work. I’m soaking them in alcohol now cuz I ran a pipe cleaner with alcohol through them and got results. I ordered a replacement stem from Royal Meerschaum cuz I don’t think I can repair the other satisfactorily. I think the original smoker was a clencher and bit too hard. It doesn’t line up perfectly.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I clean the stems the normal way, with pipe cleaners and alcohol, but the bowls, I've been carefully reaming and sanding down to almost meer, then using a toothbrush and soapy, hot water, then, when dry, swab out the bowl with alcohol and paper towels. The shank gets hot water Q tips, then alcohol Q tips. Still ghosts. In one, I still have a musty ghost after 6 months. Granted, I don't smoke it all that often. But I do have to wonder what English blend of crickets, spider legs and dried cow patties was smoked in it for so long...
Trivia: Scottish Blends are differentiated from the English by their use of Highland Coo patties, and their Latakia is smoked with Haggis dung.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeLinus