PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This is kind of the conflict with Meers. If you like to see your Meers color, they need to be smoked. The more Meers you have, the less each one will be smoked. I'm more of a smoker than a collector so it doesn't make sense to me to have a whole bunch of Meers.
It doesn't make sense to have a whole bunch of any pipes...but sense has nothing to do with it.

I try to have it both ways. There are a couple of mine that get smoked every day...the others more sporadically depending sometimes on the blend or cut...and sometimes just random impulse.

But I've never been very obsessed with the coloring...I just take note of it but I don't pay it much attention.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
PS: in my experience the coloring is so slow on most meers that you would really need to just smoke one of them all the time...all day every day and no other pipe...if you really wanted to see it color to the full extent in anything less than many years...and I just don't have that motivation.

This Baki seems like it must have been smoked exclusively for many years in such a manner...all day long, every day:

EDIT: unless it didn't start out white to begin with.

baki coloring.png

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Looks like a Friday delivery, I won't import anymore. It's basically a 1/4 bent billiard.

View attachment 198431
Ah I get it now. The owl was throwing me off. That will be fun to watch color! I've been thinking about getting something out of my realm, something fun to color.... But then again, there's always a claw that I need.... Lol

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ah I get it now. The owl was throwing me off. That will be fun to watch color! I've been thinking about getting something out of my realm, something fun to color.... But then again, there's always a claw that I need.... Lol
The seller sent me an offer $100 off of its listed price so I jumped on it. Apparently Kenan is a fan of birds.